Marine Tex

JerryD

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
WA
I am installing a larger access panel in engine well of my 191 F&S and need to level the surface to accept the new frame. Will Marine Tex stick to the roplene?

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
More than likely not, and even Rule Sealant does not stick well, it just stays more flexible thus works well for things like through hull fittings and drains. In your use case, that is what I stay with OR a nice gasket around the frame of it, to help keep water from getting past the frame of the panel. Even then, I would not overlay tighten it for you will just smash it and negate the gasket's sealing properties.

Really, I don't know of any Triumph hull that I cannot walk up too, and pretty much peel any sticker off of it... Nothing just wants to stay attached to it other than Barnacles if left in the water too long ;)

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Most Welcome, and let us know who you make out!

Pictures of your upgrade Jerry would be awesome also :cool:

Best,
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
I also found some of the FAQ's for Marine Tex here: http://marinetex.com/faq/ which also leads me to believe, that it would not stick to a Triumph type of hull (like a Rotomolded Kayak) for very long...

Could always test it and see though, and we would like to hear your results if you elect to go down that route?

JerryD

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
WA
Most Welcome, and let us know who you make out!

Pictures of your upgrade Jerry would be awesome also :cool:

Best,
Dave
Finally got it done. Here are the pics. Much better access.

Jerry

Attachments

• IMG_1939 (002).JPG
    IMG_1939 (002).JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1940 (002).JPG
    IMG_1940 (002).JPG
    345.1 KB · Views: 8