Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
A great little all around Skiff that does many things well! I am a fan of the larger center console design for the flush mounting of all your electronics, and I agree with Capt Bou on his observation on using the 115 Outboard. They in most cases have the same weight as a 90HP, but you can swing a little larger prop for better launch and cruse numbers. The test runs I made on the Maverick, really made the 115HP shine!

And hopefully soon, a few of us from Performance Outdoors will get a chance to see the new MBG (Maverick Boat Group) factory, and have a set down with their Sales Director for some Q&A that we will post up on the Site :cool:

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
And now, we have the 17 HPX V II Carbon Edition which in round numbers saves over 100 lbs (some say closer to 200) of weight off of the Skiff.

And I also found out, that all 3 models of the HPX can now have the Carbon Edition upgrade made at build time. So even the HPX 18 V (my favorite of their lineup) can have this build process.

Awesome!

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Good little walk through of the 17 HPX S model with some great upgrades and ideas for your present or future Skiff :cool:

And if you would like to see how one of these handles some Seas while making a run to the Marquesas Keys (bucket list item for sure!) while in search of Poons this one you should enjoy. And If nothing else, to help warm you up on a cool night ;)

Off the Chain for sure :p

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Our friend here on Performance Outdoors, Capt Tommy Derringer was gracious enough to send me some pictures of his new Maverick Carbon 18 HPX V that you seen in the video above ;)

As soon as possible, we are going to have a Podcast / Chat with Capt Derringer here, to cover not only the State of Flats fishing in NE Florida, but also his experiences with Maverick Skiffs since he has owned several models that as you have seen. This and had some cool upgrades to better fit his needs for guiding in that ecosystem. Should be awesome to pick his brain and get some ideas to better help you choose your next Skiff as well as some killer upgrades ideas for your present one :cool:

Photo Credit for these great shots goes to Cody Rubner, and we need to secure his help here on the Site after you see some of these shots he took :D

IMG_1460.jpg

Interesting to see how she floats even at the stern with the lighter Carbon deck and Hatch build.

IMG_1455.jpg

Love that 4 bladed prop! Sure it lost a few knots of top end, but they launch so much better and from everyone that I ran they are very smooth...

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

Enjoy and do feel free to ask questions! If I cannot answer them, I have quite a few professional contacts that can :)

Tight Lines!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Some more pictures (actually a great slide show) of Captain Tommy's build while she was under actual construction. This from Kent the Media Manager at MGB who has been most helpful to me with this article! Just click on the link below to start the slides:

Captain Tommy's Carbon Edition 18 HPX V Build

Makes me itch looking at some of these shots LOL

And much easier to install the wiring, Power Pole Charge system, etc. etc. when building one as you can see! And something you might want to consider having the factory add on during the build process, rather then later on...

Thanks again to our friends over at Maverick Boat Group!

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Though a little dated, another good video review of the 18 HPX V

Good fitting music always helps :)

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Some other great options and how they look on a Maverick 18

1st this the Guide Mounted Trolling Motor which frees up a lot of space as well as helps get it out of the way when docking also!

guide mount tmotor.jpg

And two Power Poles, now these are the 8 footers and I agree with Capt Tommy that 6 footers fit nicer and help keep from getting in the way of Push Polling the Skiff around...

37773937_10156501339194709_1128501712131194880_o.jpg

But nothing stakes off a Skiff or Boat better, so it does not sway back and forth in the wind, like having two Power Poles Planted :cool:

pro12.jpg

Now if you would like to speak with a great Maverick Dealer about getting your next one? Then reach out to our friends over at Atlantic Coast Marine in Jacksonville, Florida 1st, and see if they can help you? Even if not local to your area, they are shipped with Trailers and can be delivered to you after having what extra non factory options you would like added ;)

You can reach Atlantic Coast Marine here:
https://www.atlanticcoastmarine.com/

And do let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you if you reach out to them!

Tight Lines!

Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Where most of us prefer to spend more time in our lives :cool:

167393732_2799859403586573_7871384847696385785_n.jpg

Now if you would like to speak with a great Maverick Dealer about getting your next one? Then reach out to our friends over at Atlantic Coast Marine in Jacksonville, Florida first, and see if they can help you? Even if not local to your area, they are shipped with Trailers and can be delivered to you after having what extra non factory options you would like added :cool:

You can reach Atlantic Coast Marine here:
https://www.atlanticcoastmarine.com/

And do let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you if you reach out to them!

My Best,
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Slick little video on how they are made

Now I would like to see more bolts with backing plates used for things like the throttle, but I guess MBG have tested the clamping force of sheet metal type screws, and found them to work and not loosen back up...