My custom Trolling Motor install on 195CC

Katsuo

Participating Member
City
Simi Valley
State
SoCal
Clean install. Weird seeing a 195CC without bow rails. What size batteries are you planning to run? I don't think my two Group 31's for the trolling motor would fit in my CC, with two Group 24's for starting and accessories already in there.

Push&Pull

Recognized Leader Triumph 210 / 215 Forum
City
Florida City
State
Florida
I am hoping if I move the fist 2 forward a few inches they will fit, at least I hope so.
Keep in mind that when putting batteries in the console, if they are lead acid, when they charge they will gas-off explosive gases. And the console has plenty of electrical things that can cause a spark. Keep that compartment well ventilated.

Glen Everett

Registered Member
State
GA
Yes I agree. And I can easily install a small circulating fan that runs off the charger. But don't the two batteries that are already there put off the same gases, therefore it should already be vented, correct?

Push&Pull

Recognized Leader Triumph 210 / 215 Forum
City
Florida City
State
Florida
Yes I agree. And I can easily install a small circulating fan that runs off the charger. But don't the two batteries that are already there put off the same gases, therefore it should already be vented, correct?
Last thing you want to do is rely on the factory to do things right. I added two large vents to my console and when my batteries are charging I leave the console hinged open. (and my batteries are sealed gels). Just saying......you can never be too careful.

Glen Everett

Registered Member
State
GA
Clean install. Weird seeing a 195CC without bow rails. What size batteries are you planning to run? I don't think my two Group 31's for the trolling motor would fit in my CC, with two Group 24's for starting and accessories already in there.
I believe they are group 29's

linchuntao

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
San Jose
For the battery mounting location in the central storage box, is it safe to mount battery tray by screwing into the "floor" of central storage box of 195CC? If yes, what's the max length of the screw?

Glen Everett

Registered Member
State
GA
For the battery mounting location in the central storage box, is it safe to mount battery tray by screwing into the "floor" of central storage box of 195CC? If yes, what's the max length of the screw?
20160720_133655.jpg I think I used 1 inch stainless, but they fit so snuggly in the center console that was not too concerned....been in some pretty rough swells and no movement.

linchuntao

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
San Jose
I think I used 1 inch stainless, but they fit so snuggly in the center console that was not too concerned....been in some pretty rough swells and no movement.
Sorry for the confusion. I am actually asking about the battery tray mount in the central storage box shown in the Katsuo's pictures:
20130202_152922_zps611f543b.jpg

20130202_153004_zpsc7cf729b.jpg

I am not sure how long can I screw in that "floor".

Glen Everett

Registered Member
State
GA
Sorry for the confusion. I am actually asking about the battery tray mount in the central storage box shown in the Katsuo's pictures:
20130202_152922_zps611f543b.jpg

20130202_153004_zpsc7cf729b.jpg

I am not sure how long can I screw in that "floor".
Oh, ok. Sorry....i tried to put mine into un-usable space and center the extra significant weight.

Glen Everett

Registered Member
State
GA
When you tilt the CC back and remove the star board divider to get at the electronics below, there is just enough room. I believe I may have had to slightly move the other 2 batteries and re-secure them...trust me, there is nothing easy about working inside and so deep. But I wanted to do right, and neat, and only once.....so far, it has worked well and I still have all the space left in the center storage compartment. I can try and get some more specific pictures if you need them.

linchuntao

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
San Jose
Totally understood, Glen. It's full of pain to work inside. I currently have 36v (3x12v) trolling batteries in the center storage compartment, but they are not securely mounted to the hull. I put some foam around so they don't have much space to move. So far so good, but I think I still need to find a way to securely mount them. I just want to know whether I can put screw into the "floor" as shown in Katsuo's pictures.

Carnivorous Habit

Registered Member
State
Virginia
Katsuo or Glen Everett,
Do either one of you by chance a have a template for the TM mount that attaches to the bow pulpit? I have an '07 195 DC and am finally getting around to adding a trolling motor. I am looking at the Riptide Ipilot as well. I just mounted a 2 bank NOCO Genius charger in the battery compartment that will charge my house/starting batteries and my separate trolling batteries once installed. Next thing will be to figure the mounting plate and routing for my wiring. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Carnivorous Habit

Registered Member
State
Virginia
Thanks Putershark! That is the thread I was trying to open earlier but none of the photos would open. Exactly what I am planning to do with my setup. No use reinventing the wheel on this one. Hopefully Katsuo or Glen Everett can send me the measurements, if not I will figure it out.

Thanks!

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Most Welcome Brother!
The site has been up and running for many (15) years now, thus many older photos that were "linked in" from like Photo Bucket or posted to older Forum software, have lost some of their link addresses.

My recommendation when you see such, is to use the search bar and drop in the same Thread name (copy and paste) and see if it dropped into another location here?

Here is another one you might want to also review along these same lines ;)

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/trolling-motor-for-195-cc.5073/

Hope this helps?
Dave

Katsuo

Participating Member
City
Simi Valley
State
SoCal
I'm still here - just don't visit all that often. I was asked to, and definitely re-uploaded all my old pix of the install last year. If they aren't available on the site, I can send you pix of the install if you want. I do not have measurements or a template. My custom install was done by a local trolling motor specialty shop, and they have had a change in ownership since my work was done.