Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Most Welcome! And if it is missing, easy enough to replace or for that matter, and use a small bungee cord until you can ;)

Jimbo

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
New Jersey
Well, I had a good run until the docks closed -- just took the boat out yesterday. I put 50 hours on that engine since I launched on Labor Day!
I did my best to center the boat on the trailer when I hauled-out. However, the bunks didn't line up on the flat parts perfectly. On one side they slightly overlay on of the ridges in the hull. Will this cause a problem over the winter? I do have to tow the boat to the shop to have the engine overhauled. I've attached a couple of pictures.
Thanks!

Attachments

• DB68695D-A608-41BB-A37C-977D00BC344F.jpeg
    DB68695D-A608-41BB-A37C-977D00BC344F.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 37D629C5-41AE-43B0-AA84-2052ED9083EC.jpeg
    37D629C5-41AE-43B0-AA84-2052ED9083EC.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
I would take it to the a local lake that has a boat ramp and get it back on center... Won't be long though before you are going to need a new trailer and I would not be shocked if one of those bunk supports broke soon.

Jimbo

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
New Jersey
Thanks, Dave. I'm a member of a local boat club here on the Delaware River -- we're pulling the docks this weekend, that's why it's out of the water -- so we have a ramp and stuff. I'll put it back in to center it properly on the trailer.

BTW, I saw some other posts about how dealers tended to put the engine too low. I looked at mine while planing and the cavitation plate is a good 2-3 inches below the surface (I can't even see it when on-plane). The boat takes a bit to plane, is kind of slow, and doesn't handle well on sharp turns. When I took it out I saw that it is in the lowest position on the harness.

When I have the engine overhauled, I'm going to have them raise it up 2 notches. I'll also add the BMS fin-thingy that I've read about on the forum.

This site is an excellent resource! Thanks.

Jim

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida