new 210 logic owner

Drake

Registered Member
City
Haddam
Hi everyone I actually had my logic for about 2 yrs now and aside from a few minor things I love it. I mostly use it on the connecticut river and long island sound but it's been to the lake in Canada as well. I fish as much as I can but with an 18 month old those trips often turn in to playing on the beach but as long as we are on the water I'm happy. I do have one question that I really need to fix before winter, my boat does not have a through hull bildge drain. I do not mean the one on the stern to drain trapped water but an actual bildge drain. I have read and researched alot and wondered if some one could give me measurements for the location of the brass t handle drain.

Attachments

• 20150813_105502.jpg
    20150813_105502.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 42
Welcome aboard. Glad you've joined us! :cool:

Welcome aboard.

You should have a bilge drain midships behind the fuel tank on the starboard side. Granted, it is not in the transom, but never-the-less, it is a bilge drain and will drain the boat while on the trailer. (provided it is not blocked by any trailer bunks)

The "T" handle in the pic below.

rear tank shot2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks push & pull I think I've seen your pictures in my searches my boat doesn't have a drain there, but it looks like that's where the intake for the live well pump is on my boat

here is what my bilge looks like

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 48
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 46
Dang, that's ugly. Get that bilge a drain! :D

Thanks push & pull I think I've seen your pictures in my searches my boat doesn't have a drain there, but it looks like that's where the intake for the live well pump is on my boat

I see that in your pics. What is the larger hose attached to the thru-hull on the opposite side? Maybe you could switch some things around. And as Harper said.......you gotta clean that bilge, so you can see whats going on.

Yea I have no idea what that other hose is I'll have to check that out tomorrow. I really do clean my bilge every time I wash the boat but because I have no way to drain it water just gets back in there constantly

By chance it's not under those two holes is it? Mt 210 has it around there it might blend in if its all dirty goes straight down brass with a tee handle on it ...

Here are a couple more pictures. I guess my question isn't where to look for the plug or what it looks like I know that there's isn't one. What I would like to do is install one just forward of the live intake. Is that a kiss off point that I can drill through. In the first picture it would be above the pump in the second it would be below.

Attachments

• 20151020_132618.jpg
    20151020_132618.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20151020_132558.jpg
    20151020_132558.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 41
In your original pictures, the second picture shows both the livewell or baitwell pump on the left with the red top, and the bilge pump on the right, a white oval. As Bill asked yesterday, I'm wondering about the function of the through-hull fitting with the large hose next to the bilge pump (also shown closer in the third picture). Have you figured that out? It seems strange to me that there would be a through-hull with a fitting like that, without a shutoff valve. What happens if the hose cracks/splits/comes loose?

Last edited:
Still not sure about the other thru hull but have seen the same on Illogical ggc's when looking through images boat along with other 210s figured they all had it

I can't remember mine that far back (plus I took everything apart as soon as I got it) but my best guess would be it's the overflow for the livewell. I installed a thru hull in the side of the hull just above the waterline, but still below the deck..... and routed the livewell overflow to it. It needs a discharge with little to no backpressure. The bottom of the hull is not a good choice.
Also as Harper says....with pressure on it and no seacock, that's not a good combination.

35.jpg

Last edited:
Back