Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
With the help of "Deer Hunter" on this new sheet (sorry it took so long Tom) I was able to recover the improved fuel and service tracking Excel sheet he worked on, from the PC I had it stored on when it crashed.

Now this one tracks both fuel and service (maintenance) costs at the same time to give you a better "total" picture of cost per mile operation. The purpose of this sheet is to see how both fuel brands (both octane and detergent packages) as well as service work can help you find the sweet spot so to say, on which combos give you the best ROI (Return on Investment) at the pump.

I feel with this new and improved sheet (thanks again Tom), one can really dig down on how both can affect MPG in your application (Auto, Truck or SUV) and well as which oils (Petrol or Synthetic) if you elect to change to such, can give you the best return per mile of operation ;)

The process is simple, the cleaner you keep both the valves, piston crowns and injectors (which helps greatly in reducing your octane requirements), as well as reduce engine friction and heat (why my engines are kept very clean on the outside also) will pay off at the pump as well as extend the life of "all" your equipment ;)

Attachments

• Vehicle Fuel Mileage.zip
    486.1 KB · Views: 32
Back