New logic 99-17' owner

Grunt1946

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
AL
I purchased a Minn Koda Riptide iPilot power drive 48' 12V-55 and I just wondering how one mounted it on their boat? If you have a picture or two or how you mounted it I would like to see them. The front light seems to be in the way, did you remove it?

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Did you try using the search tool as of yet? Quite sure someone over the years has posted up a picture of one ;)

Tight Lines!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Awesome, and the search tool is in the upper right hand of any page and usually the fewer keyword search the better.

We also have a targeted section for trolling motors located here: https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/trolling-motors.48/

Which might also give you some tips and tricks.

Hope this helps!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida

Grunt1946

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
AL
It turned out to be very easy. The deck at that point is maybe 3/8" or more. It wasn't simple to get to the bolts but with the help of my wife, I had the trolling motor installed in maybe 45 mins. If you are using SS bolts screws put some break free on the threads so the SS won't gall and the nut will go on with ease. There is not a lot of room in the bow.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida

Grunt1946

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
AL
Let's see how it turned it! :cool:

Oh and if you mean SS bolts, I will assume you talking this type that are needed for that hull material?

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/media/16-using-toggler-bolts-with-roplene.10426/

View media item 10426
No, for the trolling motor I used what came in the box 21/2" 5/16 SS bolts. But SS is known to gall, so I used a release agent used for head bolts in cars. I didn't know about the SS Toggle system. I will buy them for my battery box. They appear to be a great idea for Roplene.