New owner 2001 210CC

QPhox4

Registered Member
City
Panama City Beach
Hi, I picked up the nickname "Buzz" back in the Air Force around 1981. I had a 19' bowrider I/O back then (bought new in 1976,) but sold in 1984 when I went to Korea. You know, the old "hole in the water you pour money into" cliche? So, I haven't owned a boat since then. Now I'm retired and back on the Gulf (PCB) and my son talks me into splitting the cost of an OLD "Ganew?"--A canoe with a transom/motor so we can go fishing in St Andrews Bay. Well, with maybe 6 inches of freeboard, it can't handle much chop! My wife and I enjoyed the boat ride, but after our second outing I decided to start seriously looking for a real boat. Of course the wife has requirements for at least 7 pax. So, with fishing primarily in mind, we end up with this 2001 Logic 210CC. The seller advertised it as a 2001 Triumph (half truth?) and when I requested pictures, he sent me to the TriumphBoats website. I read, watched the videos, found this website, and basically was sold on "the brand." Now, how about the boat? Went out for a test drive and it was mine. It needed a severe cleaning! When we pressure washed the storage boxes, I noticed the water runs out the bottom of the hull. QUESTIONS: *1--Do these boats take on water if there aren't drain plugs in the storage boxes? We plugged them all and had a nice "First Cruise" yesterday, but I'm curious what happens on the water. Will the stuff in the storage boxes stay dry if they aren't plugged? *2--The livewell pump doesn't fill up the well. I looked at the 2006 owners manual on this site, and it says I need to open the sea cock? OK, is this true on the 2001 Logic? There'll be more questions without a doubt, but I'm on the short fused "48 hr trail." I'll end with one more question...Is the $30 DVD worth the price with my owning a 2001 Logic?

Thanks in advance.

Buzz

Can't answer your question on a 2001 215 since I own a 2007 215 but wanted to say "welcome BUZZ" and enjoy your new boat,
Signed:
Buzz

OK Q, Ya pretty much have to assume a 2001 has had some mods and issues, so it would be difficult to suggest what the situation is with you particular boat without seeing it or some pictures. Mine didn't come with drains in the fishboxes and I put some in..... but, are the ones in yours draining to the bilge or thruhull to the outside? The hulls do have a water "retention" issue that you can search on here........ as much detail has been discussed about corrections. The fishboxes are NOT dry in any sense of the word. They are pretty much just useful for gear that can get wet (lines, fenders etc.) or fish. And yes, there is probably a seacock for the livewell or it could just be the pump or switch is not working. I would familiarize yourself and inspect any fuses, switches, valves, plugs and hoses anywhere on the boat. I have plenty of pictures in my albums on here of the hull, from stripped to all phases of assembly, but mine is not typical of a 210CC's wiring or hose routing. Still, it will give you some idea of the boat's layout and some necessary mods. I have heard from others, and especially those that were new to Triumph boats, that the DVD is extremely informative. That should be your starting point.

Once you get the girl sorted out, you will find she is a very reliable and seaworthy boat requiring very little maintenance. Any question you have has probably been answered here and if not, fire away and we'll point you in the right direction.

Welcome aboard.

Oh, I almost forgot..........your question about boat stuff being worth the price??? Cmon....that cliche you mentioned.....we all know the saying.....Did it slip your mind......
hole in water.jpg

welcome aboard,

Thanks, Push&Pull (O-2/Skymaster?)
I read up on all the fishbox drain threads and guess mine is drilled through the hull. When my son was hitting them with the pressure washer, water was streaming from the hull directly below where he was spraying. The boat was so dirty and full of mildew and leaves, I couldn't really see from in the boat, and the actual drains are hidden by the trailer bunks. We put drain plugs in all the box drains when we took her out Monday. My wife had chosen the front/starboard fish box for her dry storage, as it had the least residual water (from the washdown) and with the plug in, it stayed dry for the four hours or we we were out. AND the DVD should be in the mail today (I hope)!

The DVD is in the mail! I hope you find it informative and helpful as you work on your Logic/Triumph boat.

Thanks, Push&Pull (O-2/Skymaster?)
!

Good guess. A few have thought that. While I have flown Skymasters in the past, that is not actually what Push&Pull means here. I am a Contractor and my Company does Directional Boring. It's steerable horizontal hydraulic drilling (Pushing) and then Pulling back pipes. Hence = Push and Pull. You've probably seem them around all the time and never really noticed or weren't aware what they are doing.
images (1).jpgimages (2).jpgimages.jpg

Back