New to boating and owner of 2002 Truimph 190

Lep_504

Registered Member
State
LA
Hello all. I'm a proud new owner of a 2002 Triumph 190 and am kinda new to boating (my dad has a boat). The boat has a 2002 Suzuki 115 engine with 290 hours on it and also a Minn Kota trolling motor iPilot 24v, a Lowrance Hook 7and T-top. I bought it from a guy that was in need of quick cash so I got it for $6600. I'm not crazy about the design of the boat but I feel like I got a pretty great deal so I picked it up. It is in pretty good condition from with I can tell. Took it on the maiden ride a few days ago and found a few small things to fix. Navigation lights need to be serviced and bilge pump is out. Can anyone tell me how to change the bilge pump? Also, what are the things on the side walls inside the boat? They look like I can hang stuff there or I can use straps to keep stuff there. Thanks. Any help would be appreciated. attached are pics

IMG_0649.JPEG IMG_0650.JPEG

Last edited:

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
Welcome to the site! We pride ourselves on helping one another, and helping you enjoy these awesome boats.

Fire away with your questions, post lots of photos and we're glad to help. Use the search function also as this site contains all of the previous Triumph Boat Owners site info.

Harper

Recognized Leader Triumph 191/195 Forum
Lifetime Member
City
Republic of Texas
Welcome aboard! Looks like you got a pretty good bargain. I see he was asking $10K. Guess you were the best offer. :D

gman04032

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
Maine
Welcome! I agree with the others - looks nice and a great price. I’ve found everyone here to be great with helping to figure out your boat. Be sure to post lots of pics with questions.

jfreeman1041

Registered Member
City
Pascagoula
That's an outstanding boat. I was "forced" to buy mine but now LOVE my 190 bay. U can do anything with it. I've drilled holes in it add things then after deciding I didn't like the accessories I used a soldering iron and putty knife and it looks new again, can't even tell I was there. The bilge pump is in the bilge on the port side, driver's side. To access the bilge open the panel door between the 2 aft jump seats. There are 2 pumps in there, 1 bilge its bigger and 1 livewell it's the taller of the 2. To remove bilge pump it's as simple as squeezing the 2 tabs on the base and pull it up. Finding the tabs is the hardest part. I'd would make sure the electrical side is good, i.e. breaker isnt tripped, open connector in bilge to make sure voltage is ok. Make sure you have a good (-) connection, ect. 15-20 minutes of testing could save u $ and headache. I just changed my nav lights to led and love them. Again congratulations on a great boat and hope you grow to love it.

jfreeman1041

Registered Member
City
Pascagoula
Not sure what holes in the back you are talking about. Might be rod holders, scuppers, bilge pump discharge, ect. A picture of the item would be helpful.

NCangler

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
Congratulations and welcome aboard! Are you talking about the rod holders on either side of the boat? If so, in addition to holding fishing rods you can use that space for a gaff, brush for swabbing the deck, etc. Looks like the boat has been taken care of. A great price with an after market t-top and trolling motor setup. :cool:

RJFCO

Registered Member
Premium Member
City
Montevallo
State
Alabama
Lep,
To answer your questions on the "things on the sidewall". More than likely, you are referring to the loops that held foam rod holders. The O.E. rod holders are unavailable to my knowledge but there are several suitable replacements available. Boat Buckle makes one that will work (BoatBuckle F15435 HLS Vertical Rod Holder). Rod Saver makes better options in my opinion. See their website (www.rodsaver.com) and look at their "SM" series. You can always plug the holes and use some other type.
Enjoy your boat and use this website for answers to most any Triumph question!