New to Fishing, Boating, & Forum

K

klb9u

Greeting,

As the title states, I'm new to fishing and boating. I just purchased my first boat the 191 FS (2005). Great boat, had some problems with the live well, but place a mess over the recess (to catch the scales a such) and not problems since.

So far I've been on the Rappannack and out in the Chesapeake Bay. If you have any fishing tips for these areas (and are willing to share) I'm all ears.

Welcome my friend to the show that never ends..............

Welcome aboard. I have fished the rapp and the bay alot. I would suggest you go to the chesapeake angler web site for they have a downloadable list of many fishing hot spots. Also check out tidal fish.com for lots of good fishing info. Rivercat

klbpu, welcome to the web site. I agree with you, soooo much to learn and so little time. You said new to both boating and fishing.

I would start with the boating side. Like maybe take a safe boating course with your significant other. It's more fun if two take the course together, and we even had our teenage son join the admiral and me. I would start with the boat because that knowledge will help keep you safe and alive (and your passengers). That would be my first priority.

Once you feel a little comfort with that (never get too comfortable), then move on to the fishing. Not that you can't put a little fishing in with the boating, it's just where I would suggest the main concentration needs to be to start with.

Thank you all,

I am curently in the BS&S. I want to be around for some time and plan on teaching my kids, knew that I would have to leave [the correct/proper way] before I could expect to teach them or even bring them aboard.

Klb9u

klbpu, welcome to the web site. I agree with you, soooo much to learn and so little time. You said new to both boating and fishing.

I would start with the boating side. Like maybe take a safe boating course with your significant other. It's more fun if two take the course together, and we even had our teenage son join the admiral and me. I would start with the boat because that knowledge will help keep you safe and alive (and your passengers). That would be my first priority.

Once you feel a little comfort with that (never get too comfortable), then move on to the fishing. Not that you can't put a little fishing in with the boating, it's just where I would suggest the main concentration needs to be to start with.

Welcome to the deepest pockets of pleasure you will ever have...:D :D :D Never be afraid to ask questions, you will find most already answered, just look for them first on the search eng...Good luck..on many adventures to come.

I am having problems with my livewell and need to find a fix. What did you do to fix yours. My controls are hard to move.

Basically my livewell only has one access point and the scales and such would enter into the line clogging it up. I got a second stopper with a mestal mess [similiar to the one found on the lower transom] that fits into the access that would allow water in but filters the scales.

I don't think that this will work in your situation.

I am having problems with my livewell and need to find a fix. What did you do to fix yours. My controls are hard to move.

Back