Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
I had the Nikon P900 (now the P950) and simply love them! And many of my recent pictures have been taken with that camera including all of my most recent Bird, Sunset and Moon pictures. Some of which have been posted in other sections of the Site and here is a few examples shots from just the other day ;)

DSCN0250.JPG

DSCN0340.JPG

And I feel I am about 70% proficient with all of the programming features of this Camera, and I am now working more with filters and the various manual settings.

This one in the video below, the Nikon P1000, is really is a powerhouse of a Camera / Lens as compared to many. And I would hate to classify it as a "Bridge Camera" since the new P1000 can also now save pictures in RAW file format. And for those who may not know or can mentally picture the difference between RAW and JPEG file formats, maybe this example will help and look at the Sky ;)

Keyword-RAW-vs-JPG-comparison.jpg

Really though, JPEG is not an image format, it is a compression method that enables the users to save images with some quality loss and use less space.

Even then, with the extra power of the lens which even with my past P900 now P950 has with it's 83x zoom...

nikon_coolpix_p900_review_04.jpg

What it can take and at a distance, simply blows me away bang for the buck! Here though is the Video that shows the great features of the new Nikon P1000:

So if you are looking for a lot of zoom and not looking to spend mega bucks in a regular DSLR body with add on lenses. This or looking for a quick "pick and shoot" back up type of camera. Or like myself, really just getting deeper into Outdoor Photography without having to spend many thousands of dollars to do such. Both The Nikon P900 / P950 models

nikon_coolpix_p900_review_05.jpg

Or the newer and even more powerful Nikon P1000

nikon-coolpix-p1000-header1-1920x794.jpg

Along with a decent tripod... Just might be just your entry point into the Outdoor / Wildlife Photography World! Then you can start posting your "Most Excellent" Outdoor shots here for all of us to enjoy, and share with us how you set up your gear and got those great pictures! :cool:

Enjoy!
Dave

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
A-mazing. I got one of our daughters a nice Nikon with a bunch of stuff. I'm no camera guy, but I think I got her some nice stuff. Yours, well, that's spectacular....

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Between Randy (the real Media Pro on the Site) and I am sure others here, that have been doing it on a much higher level than myself! Quite sure we can round up enough help with most questions she may have ;)

I also cannot recommend enough, making simple searches in YouTube for information all related back to gear you got her :) Just type Nikon followed by the model in the YouTube search box, and you might be quite amazed with all information posted :cool:

Hope this helps!
Dave

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
That's exactly what she has done. Lot's of YouTube, lots of time fiddling around with the camera.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Very good (actually one of the best in my opinion) video on how to make some settings to draw out even better shots from these and others of this same type.

Good Shooting!

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Part #2 of this series on these Camera's and some more good tips on this one for those here who own one :)

Good Shooting and do share your photos with us!

Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Stafford also here recently, posted a nice little quick settings video for these same Nikon's camera's that you like myself, might find very handy!

Good Shooting!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Nice quick videos of the features on the newer P950 from Nikon Canada.

And for those looking for further guidance on which one would work best for your personal needs? Stafford just posted up a quick video on this very subject.

Hope this helps and you can also post your questions for Stafford or others here, if you need more help with one of these Nikon models for your Outdoor Photography needs :)

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
And for those who own the P1000 and P950, there has been a recent Firmware release for them and you can find it here:

https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/index.html

Not very hard to update it and they have posted up a video on the process here:

Hope this helps and Good Shooting!
Dave