No soound from Speakers

DOMMALE

Registered Member
City
Gig Harbor
I am in the middle of an install of a cd player. I own a 191 fs. It is prewired to go into the passenger side of the cockpit and the wires are already run. I hooked up the positive, negative, and ground and I get the head unit to power on, run a cd, and play music from a USB flash drive. All of the features of the head unit work on the display. (bass, balance, fast forward, etc...)

the problem is that I am NOT getting sound to the speakers. ZERO Noise. I called the manufacture of the head unit and he suggested that I don't have enough power. (I am running this throuch the ACC 1 switch) He also suggested that I hook the unit directly to the battery.

I know I have the speakers wired correctly as far a polarity.

any Ideas?

Stupid question but is the radio faded all the way to the back or front????

It the unit set up to run to a amp (rca wires) instead of the speakers.

I would hook the radio directly to a 12v powersource and see if it works then. If not then I would hook the speakers up directly to the radio and try that. Even if the speakers were hooked up backwards the speakers would still work. They would just work in reverse.

Thanks, I will check the RCA set up. that is a possibility.

I hooked the speakers up to both front and then rear so the fade is not the prob.

I had the same problem. No sound at all. Boat has been sitting for about a year since last used. So I replaced the radio with a new Sony unit. Still no sound. Unbelievably, all 4 speaker cones had rotted out. Replacing those this weekend. I should have pulled the speakers but who would expect all 4 to go out at the same time.

Back