Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
I am an Orvis Fan, and have some of their gear and clothing for that matter and it is quality products!

So to help negate this misconception that taking up Fly Fishing is to the Moon expensive... Thus the reason some Parents and Grandparents do not buy or encourage their children to take up the sport is because of such. And this is one of the aspects of the Sport that Jim Davis and I discussed in-depth, when I took my recent visit to 239 Flies back on this article:

239 Flies Shop Visit

To this end, I did a little more research on this same Orvis combo Jim was showing me in the shop, and found some more information that with some detailed love and care, can even handle saltwater use :)

1613540671270.png

Here is a great and informative review on the combo / system from the guys over on the "Into Fly Fishing" Channel:

Or the Orvis catalog link for further product details:
Encounter 8-weight 9' Fly Rod Outfit

And when you are ready to order and try one yourself. Do reach out the great staff over at 239 Flies, and quite sure they will work with you, answer any questions you may have (something you will never get over on Amazon :rolleyes:) and get one out the door for you just as soon as possible!

Now if you go to order a 8 weight combo and they are running low right as this moment, it is because I beat you to it LOL ;)

You can reach 239 Flies here:

https://239flies.com/

3431 Bonita Beach Road #201

Bonita Springs Fl 34134

239-908-3513

And if you do, let them know that the Guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you!

Tight Lines!
Dave