Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
My next photography pursuit since we have such powerful summer storms here almost every afternoon and evening... Some are just awesome to watch from a safe place of course, and they remind me of running the house through a car wash at times ;)

So for those who would like to try the same, here is some training an example videos I found on the subject.

And not much actual in the way of training, but the use of taking shots every second or so is an excellent tip instead of what I was trying to do and grab "one" by using my remote to fire the shot (more on that later)

And that is some expensive gear to leave out in the rain!

Now is my 1st tries at the process and my RT (Reaction Time) was too slow as I found out later when I had a lot of empty frames so I just started to fire the shots at random intervals until I finally manged to grab some on a Storm that was out over the Sound as it headed towards the Gulf

DSCN1215.JPG

DSCN1224 (2).JPG

One thing to consider is protection of your expensive gear while the rain is starting to fall is a plastic cover for your camera, and I have this (link below) on order for my camera...

And what I like about it is that I can see through it (unlike others) to make needed camera setting adjustments.

https://www.amazon.com/Altura-Photo-Professional-Cover-Cameras/dp/B004AH10K8

And do share your shots even if they do not look as well as you would like for I know! Just how hard it is to snag any pictures with lighting in them :D

Good Shooting and Stay Safe!
Dave

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Found some better training video's on the subject, this as well as much better rain cover for your camera :cool:

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Looks to be great tool to help snag some great shots including lighting (awesome)

Trying to find out if it will also work on some of the higher level Point and Shoot camera's also. And I will let you know as soon as I secure which models it can interface with also :)

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
So the MIOPS trigger will not work with most Point and Shoot type of camera's, only those with a place in the housing to insert a cable trigger.

However, I did find one that will work on some that have Bluetooth / WiFi built in so you can trigger the shutter by remote and is denoted to work with my next camera that I have on order, the Nikon 950.

Here is the link (below) for that product and even has a lower price point :) and is called the Pluto Trigger:

https://plutotrigger.com/products/pluto-trigger

Hopefully, we can talk with them about these products and their cool accessories line more in depth, here in the near future...

And let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you if you do reach out to them!