ports on Suzuki DF150

Harper

Recognized Leader Triumph 191/195 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
State
Republic of Texas
Anybody know the function of these ports on the bottom of the driveshaft housing (see pix)? I just bought a True Tracker Stabilizer Plate from Bob's Machine Shop, and have an inquiry in to them, but figured I'd ask here, too. I'm reluctant to install the plate without further research, since it covers about 3/4 of these ports.

Attachments

• 307.jpg
    307.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 310.jpg
    310.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 312.jpg
    312.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 316.jpg
    316.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 28
Well, I thought of that, but no water comes out there while running the engine with the muffs on. Only other thing I can think of would be an exhaust port, in addition to the prop hub. Guess I'll put my hand under there next time I run the engine up with the muffs.

Yep, not a good place to suck up water, however, I don't think it's an exhaust port either. Why, exhaust out of there would cause cavitation at the prop. Perhaps a call to a Suzuki dealer would help?

You're right about the potential cavitation problem, Barry. I didn't think about that! Puzzling....

Well, after finding a Suzuki dealer/service center, I called and spoke to a young gentleman who, after keeping me on hold for about ten minutes while he found someone with an answer :rolleyes:, came back on and told me that they are relief ports for the exhaust. Apparently very little exhausts through these ports, and as long as I don't completely cover them, all should be fine. Guess I'll go with that.........

Back