Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
Since it was my idea to have a “Flats Fishing” only forum created, let me start off this section by showing you a product that every skinny water addict needs for their rig and that is the Power Pole http://power-pole.com/index.htm

Now mine is rigged with 2 control switches with one on the console, and another one I had special installed right beside the engine trim switch up on the bow of my 190. Pictures of both switches are in the 190 modifications gallery. This so from either end of the boat I can put the pole down and stake off to work a flat.

What I have also found that is really cool is that I can also control the boat in high winds by putting the pole down and then dropping the trolling motor down and putting it on slow to keep the bow pointed at a certain direction (heading) and it really works great! This also makes it easy to pivot the boat around while I am up on the bow fan casting an area for max coverage of an area. So if you fish the flats and are getting tired of putting the anchor down all the time and noise that can occur and blowing out the fish from doing such, then you really need one of these toys!

So any questions on how I have my installed (for I will never have another boat without one) or how well it works, just let me know...

Tight Lines!

Dave

Thanks buddy!
But how quick we forget that it is a team effort on this site for it really takes time and effort by a lot of our members like yourself to really make it all gel :)

Dave

I just might have to get one of those for the 190! That looks like a great and easy thing to have. What do these things cost?

Back