Pole Holder & Stake out Tools

I have a telescoping aluminum pole with a mud foot, it was made for poling duck boats, but it pushes my 170 around pretty good, it extends out to 12 feet, then collaspes back to about 4-1/2 feet, and I can lay it in the bottom of the boat crosswise behind the seat.
It's sure isn't those kevlar beauties the guides use, but I have no compliants.

Hey Dave,
Here's a couple pics of that aluminum push pole I have.

Like I said, it's not a composite pole, but it gets me in to where I need to go and for less than $50.00 I can deal with it's short comings.
It's made by Avery It's called Tracloc Push Pole and it's only 10 ft. but I'm standing on the back of my 170 and not a platform so I can get pretty good leverage with.

Attachments

• Push Pole 001.jpg
    Push Pole 001.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Push Pole 002.jpg
    Push Pole 002.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 95
Hey Dave,
Since I cant afford a power-pole, what would you think is the best way to attach this bracket to the transom. Do you think it needs thru bolting with a backer plate or just screws and rule?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Davekfl ( Sarasota, Florida)

I would love to have a power pole. hopefully one day. Here in Charlotte Harbor I do a lot of trolling certain times of the year. Canals for snook and the bay for spanish mackeral and Ling ,better known as Cobia by most. The point to the story is I put rod holders on my platform on my 17 logic to troll with. An old boy gave me a two piece fiberglass pole I think it was used for painting or something anyway it works great in the flats and back country. A couple of the rod holders "2"pvc";) were clamped on vertical instead of an angle so I put the pole through the pvc and into the bottom. Now thats not a power pole but it will do till I can do better. Good Fishin....J.B.

Wang, has a Bow Mount for their product that looks very interesting

BowMountSystem2.jpg

And you can find out more about it here:

https://wanganchor.com/product/bow-bracket/

And do let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you when you reach out to them!
Dave

Sure is a funny name you found there Dave

Back