Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Good Evening!
Been some time since I have really posted much, and some trips to the ER have slowed me down some, but hopefully, that will all improve here very soon ;)

I have been though, working behind the curtains on the Site and made quite a few changes to the Forums with some, I would consider early Spring Clean up! Most noted and important in my eyes, is that I rebuilt the entire Fishing section for quicker finding and sorting of that information. So check that out when you get a moment, and let us know if that helps :)

I also added another sub forum to the Fly Fishing section called "Our Favorite Fly Shops" which should have some content here very soon! Personally, I am just about OVER IT with the lack of service or help I get when shopping online, this or one of the Big Box Stores like BPS of all places... And don't even get me started on the last trip to BPS and in getting, more like trying to buy... A pair of shoes while standing there watching 3 people (kids in my opinion) all with their face staring at their phones :rolleyes:

So, I am one of those guys that likes to always check out the Local Fly Shops for any town I might be in, and for the most part, always leave happy! So to help "Fight Back" against the Big Box Store Syndrome, I thought it was time we really stepped up our efforts to support local smaller shops where I 95% of the time, look forward to returning. Even more so when they have other related gear and clothing items to help with the entire fishing experience! Simply Awesome some of these shops are, and they are thankful for our the Business and Support...

Next, we have some more Podcasts in the works and trust me, if done correctly and worth spending your time to listening! That there is a lot of time and planning put into them... Personally, I feel they need to have what I call "Protein" value (fancy / shorter term for educational) and not just some mindless chat with me and our guests... Like some fishing shows I use to watch, I am simply not going to waste a 1/2 hour or longer of my time watching them catch fish and not learn something in the process that also helps me :confused: So my apologies for not getting some recorded and posted sooner, but the next few you should really get some good "Protein" value from, and getting some of our guests to set aside the time to record is just not always easy ;)

Randy and I have some other cool things planned and in the works for this year and (as always) please feel free to drop us a PM with your ideas and input! And who knows, we might just Goat Rope you into helping out! :D Seriously though, if you or one in your Tribe would like to try their hand at Outdoor Writing / Content Creation for one of our many Forum topics, we would love to hear from you!

Also if you enjoy the Site, don't forget tell your friends to also join us :cool:

Many Blessings and Stay Safe!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Good Afternoon!
And in case you have not noticed, there has been more more clean up and reorg of some of the Forum Topics (mostly the Boat and Fishing sections) as well as some new ones for the Site :cool:

And we have had some more Subject Matter Experts join recently, and really looking forward to working with them on some more Cool Content for the Site, and to also help them support their Businesses and Conservation efforts.

I trust those North of the Mason Dixon (some even South of it this Winter!) are just about going about half insane, and ready to start even cleaning and updating the rig in near zero temps, for the soon to come Fishing Expeditions! To help with those efforts and upgrade ideas, you may want to look over this new Section ;)

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/boat-and-skiff-restoration-section.198/

Tight Lines everyone! And if you enjoy the Site, don't forget tell your friends to also join us :D

Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Speaking of updates.... Just in case you are not seeing some if not all of them, here is the direct link to our entire forum section sorted by subjects:

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/

Enjoy and jump in (the water is fine) and post up some Killer Content!

Dave