Rotational Molding in Boating and Fishing

RevolutionPD

Subject Matter Expert
Premium Member
City
Pittsboro
State
NC
My name is George Blaisdell, I am a mechanical engineer and have been working in the rotational molding for over 20 years. Revolution Product Development was started about 7 years ago with my partner Randy Sweat.

https://revolutionpd.com/

Randy and I met at Logic Marine in 1995 which became Triumph Boats in 2000. Randy was the Tooling Manager; responsible for building all of the molds and helping figure out how to do what hadn't been done before in the world of rotational molding. I was the Engineering Manager and eventually the VP of Operations and worked with a great team that pioneered a unique way of building recreational power boats. We learned a tremendous amount, often by trial and error, on what worked and what didn't. We are extremely proud of everything accomplished at Triumph and wish it hadn't come to an end.

After the start of the Great Recession and the Genmar bankruptcy, we helped move the operation to Little Falls, MN where Larson and Sea Swirl were being built. We then started Revolution in 2011 and originally focused on Design and Tooling work. In 2017 we started design and construction on our own rock and roll shuttle oven allowing to mold products up to 11' long and 6' wide. We won't be molding any 23' boats in the near future, but we are happy to be fully back in the world of rotational molding. We have a lot to offer and will be writing about a number of projects and helping answer questions whenever we can. Stay tuned

Welcome Aboard!
And we are most grateful to have your support and expertise now on the site... :D

And George, I'm really looking forward to seeing some of your newer product designs! I have some modification ideas for the new Skiff that I would like to bounce off of you in the near future ;):cool:

Thanks again George!

Dave

Welcome aboard George. Folks no one knows more about Triumph Boats than George Blaisdell! With our relationship with George and the folks at Merritt Marine we will try to provide as much information as possible on Triumph and Logic Boats. Of course with over 13 years of information in the Triumph Boat forums we have probably already covered most of it. :)

I'm looking forward to working with George on producing some video segments on the history of Triumph/Logic Boats as well as information on the rotational molding process. We will also be hearing from George on some great outdoor products that Revolution Product Development is and will be working on.

Thanks George! And again, welcome aboard! :cool:

Randy
Admin

Last edited:
George and Randy, thank you both for stepping up and being a part of this site!! I've had a 215cc (that I wish I never sold) and now the 235cc.

I hope to pick you brains from time to time.

Martin,
No problem, happy to help where we can. The 235 is my favorite offshore boat and I really like the console and leaning post.

I bought the 215 in 2007. Then the 235 came out. I was bummed. If I had known about the 235, I would have waited..... but I'm happy now!!

And if you need some new Rod Holders, you should check out these from Revolution PD :)

You can find out more about and order them here:

https://revolutionpd.com/pro-series-rod-holder

And other products they produce you can find here:

https://revolutionpd.com/shop

And do let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you if you reach out to them!

Tight Lines!
Dave

Back