Seat cushions for swingback seat on 17 CC?

dboyd351

Registered Member
State
Northampton
I posted this earlier under the cushions thread, but thought I might get a better response here.
So far no luck on locating the right cushions.

I'm new to the forum and am trying to find a replacement seat back and seat cushions for the swingback center console seat on my 2004 Triumph 17' Center console, hull # TRBCG105G304. I've tried cushions for the Wise 50 qt cooler seat 8WD159784 and it does not fit. Then I contacted Merritt Marine, who told me it was a Todd cooler seat, so I contacted Todd and they told me it was a Todd cooler seat consisting of a 1796-18U and 179618NI cushions that could be bought together as set # 1796-C. I ordered this and when it arrived it was also the wrong set of cushions. My seat looks a little smaller than both the Wise and Todd 50 qt coolers, I'm guessing more like a 45 or 48 qt cooler. I have found a video of a Moeller Marine cooler seat in which there is a seat that looks just like mine. It looks like the cooler pictured on the right hand side of the opening frame in this video, with the v notch molded into the bottom of the cooler (
)

Does anyone know who made the original seats for this boat or where I can order them?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Why chase this the hard way?

Just have them recovered at a local Automotive or Marine Interior / Canvas shop.... They can take the present covers (they use them as a pattern) and make both new foam that is much better than OEM, and covers for them in the original color. This or any other you choose for your custom color scheme ;)

Let us know your present location, and easy enough for us to pull a search for shops in your area or where you could have them shipped to and have made :cool:

Hope this helps?
Dave

dboyd351

Registered Member
State
Northampton
I have now discovered the original seat on the 17CC is the Moeller ST3000, which is the one on the right in the picture I posted earlier in this thread.
During my search I was told by a supposedly knowledgeable dealer it was a Todd seat and by the Todd company distributor it was a Todd seat, so I ordered the Todd cushion set. It cost $318 and didn't fit. Went thru the same thing with Wise - their cost was $215 for the two cushions, but they were also the wrong item. Asked Merritt Marine the cost for reupholstering them and was told $410 for both cushions shipped to me. Tried a local upholstery shop and they could do it for about the same cost or a little cheaper if I used materials with no pleats or piping, which the original had.

Finally, ordered the entire Moeller seat online, not knowing if it was the original seat or not. Just came in the other day and it is exactly the same as the original. Cost just under $400 shipped.

Was a whole lot of hassle, but I did it for 2 reasons - was hoping to get just the cushions for less money than buying the whole seat - maybe $200 -$250 - that didn't happen, but would have if the Wise cushions had been the correct ones. The other reason is I wanted to know what the original seat was in case I needed anything in the future. I finally did accomplish that and also got the entire seat for what just the cushions would have cost.

Anyway, the original seat, at least on my 2004 17CC is the Moeller ST3000, which can be found several places online for about $400 shipped. hopefully this will help out someone else in need of replacing their cushions.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Thanks for the follow up! And sounds a tab expensive for it is...

Last one I had recovered I (at the recommendation of the shop) just left the pleats and their respective needle holes out of the cover, this so less water could get inside them, and it get all nasty and break down the foam quicker :confused:

Going forward Guys and Gals, if you are willing to ship them, we have several good Marine Canvas shops here in Florida that can tackle the job and since they do so much volume, suspect some savings could be found. Just loop me in and will be happy to help out!

Tight Lines!
Dave

RJFCO

Registered Member
Premium Member
City
Montevallo
State
Alabama
I think Carl Merritt was correct, at least for the 190 Bay, original swingback seat was manufactured by Todd. I found replacement cushions online for around $250. They don't have the red piping, or pleats all white. Getting a quote from a local upholstery shop. What are we going to do when Carl calls it quits?

dboyd351

Registered Member
State
Northampton
Merritts was not correct regarding the 17cc. They were the dealership that told me the seats were manufactured by Todd, so I ordered the seat cushions from Todd and they did not match. Eventually, I ordered the entire Moeller swingback seat and it is an exact match. I have the old and new seats to compare side by side and the seat on my 17CC matches the Moeller ST3000.
So unless the person who owned my boat previously had replaced the entire swingback seat, the 17CC comes with a Moeller ST3000 seat.