Smart Tabs SX Issue

Whitto

Contributing Member
City
Sydney
Hi Gang,
My portside plastic trim tab is rusting!
But the Starboard one isn't ...
Smart Tabs are going to hear from me ... anyone else having this issue?

V__4B81a.jpg
V__4B81b.jpg

Hi Gang,
My portside plastic trim tab is rusting!
But the Starboard one isn't ...
Smart Tabs are going to hear from me ... anyone else having this issue?

I am having the same problem finding a tackle bag that doesn't use zippers, seeing as they all corride & get stuck. It appears the engineers for marine products missed the class on the "other" water that has salt in it. :rolleyes:

Nauticus will take care of you. They have outstanding customer support. I have met the owner and his son at there plant, First class people, First class organization.

That's odd as your boat would be hosed down with fresh water after use and live on its trailer; sounds like the seal must leaking and filling up with salt water. Hope they send you a new one.

sounds like the seal must leaking and filling up with salt water.

Yeah Rory, that's the exact info I got from Nauticus ... you deserve a prize, how about an almost new Smart Tab Actuator, (one owner) with a small amout of rust?

They asked me to check if the actuator was still working and it's not ... this explains a recently developed list to port on takeoff! (Sorry Rory, your prize is junk!)

I'll let you all know how it works out.

Dammit Barry ... now i'm a worried man.

The boat leans to the portside on takeoff. . . either I have more than one issue or the starboard tab is giving lift while the port tab is doing nothing?

Like rscott said, the guys at Nauticus are great, they are shipping me out a replacement actuator at no cost ... contacting them was easy and the response was fast ... can't ask for better!

If your live "down under", do the trim tabs have to be installed backwards? :confused: :D

How the heck would I know Barry ... i'm still waiting for the GFC to make me rich :rolleyes:

Whitto:
You put the mo jo on the left side Smart Tabs. Was out Saturday on acceleration boat went to back old port side lean on way back in. When got back to ramp left side piston had separated into two peices shock part sticking up in wind, upper bolt thru still on bracket Have emailed Smart Tab will call in AM. My question is if one has gone cafluey. Wouldn't it make sense other one is close. Of course the left side catches a fit from engine torque & works harder to compensate for torque.

Sorry Alan, it's always tomorrow here so i'm ahead of most when it comes to having problems ;)

Nauticus should look after you.

Love the service from Nauticus, just got the replacement actuators delivered here in Australia today (that's tomorrow where you are) and YES they supplied 2 :cool:

I'm going to replace both and keep the old starboard one as a spare. :D

Okay......considering that the coriolis effect is opposite "down under" and you're a day ahead of us, will the spare starboard tab work on the port side if it breaks again yesterday?:confused:

No idea Mike ... but when it failed to not break yesterday I should have given you a days notice in advance 'cause it hadn't happened yet. Sorry, my bad :p :D

Back