Splash well removal

pamarine

Contributing Member
City
Portsmouth
State
VA
What do you mean by proper seacock? The type with the triangular mounting plate and holes for screws?

The brass through hull fitting for the baitwell pump that I got from Merritt also has two scew holes for mounting it in addition to the locknut itself. I like that since it will help with preventing any side twisting/turning of the fitting when/if I have to unscrew the seacock or pump. Like BarryB has stated, I will need to beef up around the through hull's locking nut also with roplene - I bought one of those rod welders (the cheap one) that Carl demonstrated on the DVD.

Yea, inner mounying flange. I actually use marelon fittings on my 170 so I don't have to worry about dissimilar metals causing corrosion (and using plastic on a plastic boat makes sense to me)

Sent from my Ginger Nookcolor via Tapatalk

BarryB

Contributing Member
City
Pembroke Pines
Use Marine grade wire. The insulation is rated for wet applications and the copper is tinned.

Barry

A

Aqualab

Yes, I picked up a couple different colors of 16 gauge from West Marine yesterday. Luckily, they had a particular brand on closeout, because it isn't cheap. Better off buying it per/ft from their bulk reels vs their prepackaged spools. I'm fortunate (maybe) because I have a West Marine store about 15 minutes away. They have a pretty substantial catalog but their retail stores always look like they are going out of business as they never seem to restock.

A

Aqualab

I re-installed the splash well yesterday and am hoping to have the marina re-install my motor tomorrow. I ended up just using a degreaser on the transom motor plate, wire brushed and scraped it and painted it with galv paint. It actually came out looking pretty good. I added more photos of the completed process to the mods section. Now I need to change out the switches with lighted ones, replace the breakers and fuel gauge and replace the speedometer with a tach. I also have to add the battery condition gauge and install a 12-volt plug in the dash. Rewire everything, hook up the new radio, baitwell pump and keep my fingers crossed.