Stainless and bleach>>>>

HighTechRedneck

Contributing Member
City
Montgomery
Just thought I would throw this out there. So I was cleaning my boat with softscrub with bleach earlier in the year and must not have goten all the bleach off which caused my seat bases in the floor to rust. I tried to get the rust off with out sanding it but it didn't work. Today I was cleaning my boat and I took a magic eraser diped in bleach and it took the rust right off.

On a different note. I bought my boat used and the people before me would leave the boat outside all summer and never clean it. I have a ton of dirt embeded in the plastic. I have tried everything to get the boat white again and the only way I have found it to sand it off. Does anyone have any ideas for getting this out.

so far I have tried
strait bleach
magic eraser
magic eraser diped in bleach
soft scrub with bleach
greased lighting
simple green
tilex
TONS of elbow grease

HTR.

Swamp_Bear

Contributing Member
City
Wilson
^^^ What BeeReel said! Like the people before you, I leave my boat outside uncovered all year round, and the only way to get that speckled dark dirt out is with a pressure washer.

In another thread, I've read that a sander using a fine polishing grit will smooth those places over, eliminating the porosity that allows that dark grit to form. I'm going to have to try that this fall.

HighTechRedneck

Contributing Member
City
Montgomery
What size power washer. I have used a 2800 psi one and used teh fine tip and still could not get the spots off.

HTR

JimW

Contributing Member
City
Aberdeen
Try the greased lightin with the power washer. It may take a couple of times to get the dirt out. Hope this helps.

HighTechRedneck

Contributing Member
City
Montgomery
SO I finally found something to clean the dirt off the boat. boat bottom cleaner. It takes the dirt right off. :D:D:D:D. Finally a clean boat.

To open the bottle I used a pair of rusted needle nose pliers and got some of the cleaner on the end of the pliers and teh pliers started smoke for a second than the rust was gone and the tip of the pliers looked like new....

Be very careful when using it. IT is very powerfull stuff. Keep it off the aluminum trailer.

I am Very Happy

HTR