Starboard color for new transom door?

Maxg94

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
Middle River
Well it finally happened, My BIL put up the motor and fogot to put down the transom door. Yes, this has been done before by my son and others. They at least stopped after bending and craking the top(cupholder piece). I got pretty good at welding the crack back together but this time the whole main door cracked in half. So on the making a new one and maybe designing it better so the motor will have a litlle more abilty to tilt farther up before taking it out. I have a 2008 195CC and most sites sell sarboard in white white and arctic white. Anyone know what will match our boats? Second measuring the thickness it is 9/16 but they sell 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch. I would figure to go to 3/4 but maybe it is good that the door cracked and did not create an issue with my trim/tilt or transom. Any help is appreciated.

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
Can you post a photo or two?

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
I second that motion (so we can see it and maybe find one online) and it sounds like it is time for a Engine Jack Plate even if it is just a fixed Set Back version to help give you some extra clearance as well as performance ;)

1-26.jpg

More information can be found below:

https://bobsmachine.com/product-cat...ker-tilt-and-trim-etc-fixed-setback-brackets/

Steve from BMS is on the Site now, and can help you find the correct one for your needs if needed :)

Maxg94

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
Middle River
ok I attached pictures. Appreciate any help.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 14

Offshoreman

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
X2 on the set back bracket. It allowed me to tilt all the way up without moving the transom door. And they're not expensive.

I would think 3/4 thickness StarBoard would do the trick. I cannot image the weight would be that much more. Disassemble your existing door and use it as a template to build a new one. Then presto, new door. And lurk around here a bit and you'll find some custom add-ons for the door like a rod storage rack, rod holders, small bait table....

Last edited:

Maxg94

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
Middle River
Thanks does anyone know the color white white and arctic white?

Offshoreman

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
I don't know. Anyone else??

Harper

Recognized Leader Triumph 191/195 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Republic of Texas
Your motor doesn't have a tilt limit switch? All the Suzukis do, and I assumed other outboards did too.

Maxg94

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
Middle River
It may, just a bad design with this door and tilting up the motor. If I were to limit it it would not let the motor even trim up high enough.

Harper

Recognized Leader Triumph 191/195 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Republic of Texas
Wow, didn't know it would be so tight on yours. This is a picture from my bunk replacement thread with the motor tilted all the way up on my '08 195CC. Won't go higher unless I move the tiltstop cam. but it keeps it from hitting the transom door. A couple times I've had to lower the door while on the water and tilt it up much farther and stand on the swim platform to clear fishing line from the prop shaft. Granted, it's mounted on a hydraulic jack plate now, but even before I bought the jack plate, it tilted to where the prop was clear of the water. Second pic is mid-2015 just before installing the jack plate. Just couldn't get it mounted high enough for best performance without the jack plate. 136.jpg 007.jpg

Last edited: