STARBOARD Source in So Cal?

albacore11

Participating Member
City
La Verne
Looking for a source for Starboard in Southern Californina. Preferably the eastern area of LA county. If someone has found a plastic recycler that normally has it available, please share that information.

Thanks.

Chris

West Marine stores......but very expensive, with small selection on sizes. But you can order custom sizes..but that just adds to the dollar amount.

alabacorell check with a industrial hose dealer the kind that has tank truck hose or a industrial rubber dealer. they make some stuff called u.h.m.w it all most the same stuff . the stuff they make meat cutting boards is almost the same stuff too . it might work just as well it all depens on what you are going to do with it.i would not suggest something like making a storage door out of it it would not match very good. or doing repairs to the ropelene . i made a bait cutting board out of some and it looks and works good. too it is a lot cheeper than starboard you can get it in a lot more wxL too. but for little mods to your boat like pads to mount pumps on or braces for something it will do fine. hope this helps

Thanks to everyone for their responses. I am just planning on using it for attachement points, so similar products will work. Cabelas also has it listed in their catalog. My problem is that I am cheap, who usually refuses to pay retail. I am going to try a suggestion from an earlier post and try to find a plastics recycler and see if they don't have any on hand. If that doesn't work, I will have to start using some industrial contacts. I'll keep you posted if I have any success.

albacore11,
I have a fair amount of 3/4" thick off-white StarBoard material that I bought from a local plastics recycler. If you can't find any locally, send me a PM with your requirements and I could cut and ship it to you. I'm in NE Ohio.
Roger
Here are a couple of pics of things I have made for my 195cc.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
what would we do without our triumph friends.. rscott you are a good guy.... and that is some good workmanship too.....rscott i have been looking all over for some plastics rodholders like the ones that are in your pisc only ones i can fine are the ones that go in the gunles i need two for a mod. did you make them too.

rscott, thanks for the offer, I will definitely keep it in mind. It is most generous of you. However, being in Southern California, I have to think that I will come up with something local. I need to find a plastics store.

glehav, you can find similar rod holders at Cabelas; and I would not be surprised if Bass Pro handled them as well, not to mention West Marine. I can shot you some part numbers, prices, etc later if interested. Now the brackets were made by rscott, I am just talking the tubes.

Chris

glehav'
Yes, I made the tubes also. They are inch and a quarter PVC pipe. I heated the ends with a heat gun then flared them with a plastic form in a lathe, then notched them, for the reels on the rods. I looked at all the holders available and couldn't find anything I liked, all the tubes were for big salt water rigs, and we don't have any saltwater in Cleveland, so I decided to make this set up.
Roger

thanks albacore11 but after thinking about it. i need some plactic ones that are made like the ones that go in the gunnels with the flanges on them but not at the 45 degree angle. they need to be stright up and down with flanges. but i cant find any. they will go on the bait board i made for my boat. might have to see if rscott can make me some if i cant find them. it looks like he can make anything the rodholders he made for his boat look like they came from bass pro shop i am good at doing things like that but not that good.....

glehav,
Check out this company, they wake the finest rod holders I have ever seen anywhere. There made here in Cleveland. I saw them at our local Sportsman Show, and nobody else had anything near this quality. The websight pictures don't do them justice.
Cisco Fishing Systems, Ltd.
This is the page with the holders I'm going to get for my boat.
Cisco Fishing Systems, Ltd.
They hold vertical, or any where in between vertical and horizontal, and they even have a gimbal mount that will go into your existing gunnel rod holders.
Roger

they are nice lifetime warraty too . i like the tube type too i need two singles ones with the thumbscrew gunnel mounts. and when your are not useing them you can get them out of your way.......... thanks

Back