Starboard XL

Tom Manning

Registered Member
City
Winterville
Looking to do an under leanpost storage box. I live in Greenville NC and can't seem to find the starboard I need without having to pay the shipping cost. Are there any distributors that I am missing?

Where is the best place to get the materials?

Why not contact Merritt Marine and see what they might have. They might even have a box that will fit your needs laying around. You might want to consider using High or Low Density Poly.You can order sheets of different sizes and colors from US Plastics. Much cheaper than Starboard.

NY beat me to it. Source you material from US Plastics.

Also, just to add, one VERY overlooked material for these type of things is sheet PVC. You can buy a full 4'x8'x3/4" sheet from just about any building material distributor such as 84 Lumber. It runs between $70 and $110 a sheet and goes a long way. It can be worked with standard shop tools such as a tlb saw, chop saw, planers, jointers, etc. It can be glued with cement or SS screws or both. Its Horizontally and laterally not as strong as SB but for boxes and trimwork, its fantastic as well as economical. It also can be painted.

Just a fyi.

I appoogize that this is a little off topic although I guess its somewhat related to the earlier posts. I'm just wondering if I can get by with LDPE welding rods to make repairs to a Triumph hull? I'm located in Canada and use my boat for work. The LDPE welding rods are more readily available nearby and I can avoid the delay of international mail. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I think that's what's normally used if I remember correctly.

I think that's what's normally used if I remember correctly.

Thanks Mike. Maybe I didn't word that quite properly. I don't intend any disrespect to Merrit Marine or any other dealers but I'm able to obtain LDPE welding rods from nearby suppliers without having to wait for one to arrive in the mail. I blame Canada Post for that... I just wanted to make sure that any LDPE welding rod would work for making hull repairs on a Triumph or am I better off obtaining Roplene rods from a Triumph dealer?

if the color of your rods match the color of the Roplene on your boat, you're good to go.

Back