Stepped up from the kayak to the 120sdcc last week. Hi all.

conturax

Registered Member
Hi all. I'm proud to present to you my 2006 120sdcc I purchased last week in NC. I've been on the market for about 2 months looking for a 12-15ft fishing boat. The biggest criteria for me what that it had to fit into my standard 21-22ft garage. My budget was $7000 and came across this beauty 2 weeks ago. I instantly fell in love with it although I didn't let the seller know. It has so many ammenities for such a small boat! 4 stroke, bimini, bilge, center console, built in storage & console cooler, SS rails everywhere, dual rear hatch storage, lowrance/fishfinder/gps, am/fm/cd/bluetooth... The best part about it was it being so clean and almost like new. Anyway right after I got her home into the garage, I ordered and installed 4 SS rod holders and have some other tinkering to do.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0544.PNG
    IMG_0544.PNG
    4.9 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0545.PNG
    IMG_0545.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0543.PNG
    IMG_0543.PNG
    5.7 MB · Views: 39
Congratulations and welcome aboard! She looks to be in great shape! :cool:

Welcome aboard! Sure is a nifty lookin' little boat!

Thanks guys. I been looking for a way to install a trolling motor but haven't found one yet. I called Merritt Marine and they said no as well 'unless I want to make heavy modifications". Any ideas or should I forget about it?

Never ever, ever give up!:D

Nice! I've never seen a 120 before--very cool. Have fun and let us know how your first fishing season with a Triumph goes.

New member hoping someone responds to this rather old thread. I'm looking at a Triumph 120 w/4 stroke Honda 20 as a starter boat for my grandson. However, I've heard rumblings about melting and not a good fit on a boat lift? Does anyone have any insight into those issues? Thanks.

They melt at much higher temps than we do, that is why they and us are still here ;)

I would be more inclined to go with a larger 150 or 170 due to the higher hull freeboard, the 120 was really nothing more than a tender.

As noted on the homepage welcome though, the Boat Owner forums are Private forums for Premium Member subscriber access only. But the subscription is only $12/year. If interested click on the "Go Premium" button in the upper right of the screen to learn more.

And you have come to the right place for help and upgrade ideas for her. Once you become a Premium member, you can really access a lot of information for that hull as well as a lot of other related topics as well as some great savings on related products!

Best,
Dave

Hello there, pmichael! And welcome! You can safely disregard any "rumblings" concerning Triumph boats that you might encounter on The Hull Truth. There's a couple of trolls there whose sole purpose in life seems to be to put down our boats everytime someone mentions them.
I can safely state, based on reports, that a Triumph will melt in a house or garage fire. Other than that........no worries.

Last edited:
Back