Stick it Anchor Pin Bracket problem

FredC

Registered Member
City
Johnson City
State
Tennessee
Hi,

Anyone try installing a anchor pin bracket like the one pictured below. One of the screws keeps pulling loose. I tried heating the screw and sticking it in the powder and then screwing it back in .... wait a week -> did not hold. I tried adding some rule to the hole and that did not hold either.

Any ideas?

Thxs,

Fred

Attachments

• bracket#1.jpg
    bracket#1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 14
  • bracket#2.jpg
    bracket#2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 15
  • bracket#3.jpg
    bracket#3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 16
Chad,

I have some welding rods... hope it works.... if it doesn't maybe I need those special toggler bolts?

Thxs,

Fred

With the flex movement of the mount when pinned, the screws get a lot of forces working on them. And screws in Roplene just won't hold when it comes to any real weight or force. Thru bolt it with backing plates. If you don't have access, you can put an access plate or use toggler bolts. But forget wasting your time with screws and any attempts at welding. It's plastic not steel. Welding is just not that effective as with metals. here's a shot of my downrigger mounts I installed on my 210. I used access plates and st st machine screws with aluminum backing plates and locknuts. They don't budge with Cannon electrics and 12lb weights trolled at over 10 knots.

View attachment 3892

Attachments

• Project2.jpg
    Project2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 18
Got one somewhat easier and you may already have the parts :)

Just return the bracket and use the welder to fill in the screw holes, then just use this and have one end already tied to one of the stern cleats

http://shop.stickitanchorpins.com/L...9000D4BA027EBC9135A092F7D6FCB8F5.qscstrfrnt05

This is how I keep mine from pivoting in the wind while using my Super Stick and just pushing it through the lanyard that is always tied to my forward starboard cleat. Saved me from having to add (though cool) another Power Pole and only cost me about 8 bucks instead of $1700.00 ;)

Really with something that has that much load, Bills answer #5 is the best way to got.

Lower budget and simply using an already present cleat on the boat. Is just using the lanyard method and just run the shallow water anchor pin through it ;)

24inchLanyard_2_Wh.jpg

Back