Attachments

• boat tied 2016-3.JPG
    boat tied 2016-3.JPG
    688.8 KB · Views: 25
  • boat tied side 2016.JPG
    boat tied side 2016.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 25
Got the ole girl tied down......Hope mother nature is kind to her.......:(
Prayers for everyone in harm's way. We tied our baby as best as we could in the slip, because we don't own a trailer, and I left last night for the West Coast, because neither of the 2 housing options I had in the area were going to be safe, and Salty just happens to be on a guys trip to Cruisin the Coast in Biloxi, MS. I'll be headed there tomorrow afternoon since there's projecting the storm will be in the northern part of Florida by Friday morning, and I had already planned to head there for the weekend.

Wishing the best to all! Just pulled mine off the lift as they are predicting a 6 foot surge (on top of an 8 foot tide). First time in 2 years it is off the lift. I feel naked. :D This weekend had been on my radar for months to fish - cooler weather, small tides (for us anyway - 7 feet), fall fishing. :mad: The next two weeks we have 10 foot tides so I guess I won't bother rushing to dip it back in.:mad: Good luck everyone!

How have you all fared through the storm so far?

I got such a close shave, I can skip my razor for a few days.......:eek:. Spent all morning counting my blessings.:rolleyes:

Hope everyone else came out alright.

Wow was that hairy!! Hope to never experience anything close to it again. The eye was bout 25 miles away and seemed to crawl along. My house was spared and just a lot of broken limbs, trees uprooted, etc. You could hear cheers throughout the neighborhood when the power came on. Hot shower and a cold beer today instead of yesterday's cold shower and warm beer.

How did Tybee Island fare?

There is a lot of damage but not a lot of destruction, if that makes sense. I haven't seen buildings knocked down but there are lots of roofs torn, fences down, etc. My friends said their house on the beach was unharmed. Still no power and residents only so I haven't been out myself. If the storm had happened this weekend, it would have been much worse due to tides. There would have been another 3 feet of storm surge which probably would have wiped Tybee out. They should be back to normal in a couple months. I got a chance to go check on my cottage on Colonels Island and there is minor damage - shingles, porch rail busted by a branch - but you can't see any of the yard. It is completely covered by trees, branches, debris. Another exhausting weekend ahead. Two tropicals and 1 hurricane in a span of 2 months. I am worn...

We haven't been to our vacation home in Oriental, NC yet. There is still a great deal of flooding in NC and more coming along rising rivers headed towards the coast. 14 confirmed storm related deaths so far and 3 people missing. Southern and eastern NC are really suffering. This has been a devastating storm. Just thankful it wasn't worse as it could have been. Be safe everyone as you're out and working to clean up storm damage or rebuild.

South Florida dodged a freight train, for sure. The Duck doesn't even have a scratch.

@Shallowminded, so sorry to hear about the damage, that has got to be a lot of work. Glad no major destruction for anyone. I'm praying for no more tropical weather for all of us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

By the way, I have been so busy with traveling and renovating our new house that I didn't know we were going to get king tides again. The water was just above our seawall this evening. Good thing we have a concrete retaining wall, if not we could lose our back yard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Back