Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
And for the newer members and boat owners on the site. Here is a little video I found from "Down Under" on how Trim Tabs work while using the Lectro Tab system :)

One concept that was missed though, is using Trim Tabs to raise one side of the hull to help knock down spray if going across waves at a quartering angle. This happens a lot on smaller Flats and Technical Polling Skiffs since you have so little gunnel height.

Basically though on a smaller Boat or Skiff, you use the tabs all the time, and each change in engine angle of attack or speed (much less using the Flats Jack) will pretty much require some adjustments to the trim tabs. And I have my hand on them a lot throughout each day while running, which is why I put so much importance on them being reliable and always working.

I also appreciate the lighter weight and fewer working parts of the Lectro Tab system! This since the less weight I have on the stern, the less draft while I am polling the Skiff around in 7 inches of water looking to pick a fight with something :cool:

Hope this helps?
Dave

Back