Trim Tabs 215

V

vince

215 Owners: What size Lenco trim tabs are you using? Are they standard or edge mount? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!~

My 215TE came with 12x12, edge mount Lenco TB's factory installed.

Thanks for the reply BeeReel. Have read alot that the size are not sufficient enough to make any real difference. If you had to go larger, would you? Thanks again! Have a good day.

I have the Lenco 12"X9" edgemount on my 195CC.It creates plenty of lift for the 195 with a 150HP Yamaha 4 stroke motor on the stern.I would think the 12X12 would be good for the 215.You have to remmeber the tabs create lift when deployed but they also create drag.

Thanks for the reply BeeReel. Have read alot that the size are not sufficient enough to make any real difference. If you had to go larger, would you? Thanks again! Have a good day.

Don't think I'd change the size. Rarely use when cruising unless I need to balance out a passenger, you can really feel them deploy. I deploy mostly when moving in No Wake zones and when putting back on the trailer.

I believe mine are 12x9" factory installed. I can tell difference depending on boat is loaded and weather/ water conditions. I do swap between a 3 and 4 s/s blade prop depending on water activity or inland or coastal use. I wouldn't have the 215 without trim tabs.

Back