Triumph divers

ReelDive

Participating Member
City
Chipley
Top this: 2007 dive trips on ReelDive (the boat) = 27, Divers per trip 3-5, dives per trip 2-3.
Total dives so far from my boat (3yrs.) = 256- From my dive log.

Ware and tear- yes there was some. The port side rail has a bow due to rolling off with ful gear. The rear seat on the port side is starting to sag due to divers boarding - mostly with full gear. and thats it. Drilled two pilot screw holes to install a new trasducer for my bottom machine and no water leaking from inner haul. Hey - any boat that can hold under this level of use is one heck of a boat!!

Plus many fishing trips (not logged but several / month)

Best boat for serious fun on the market!!

YOUR right I can not top that. I have had My boat for 5 year and never did a dive off her. My Dive buddy moved just after I bought the boat. Now gaining 20 + pounds did not help matters eithier:D.

Suggestions for your divers, I made up two lanyards with a brass quick release clip. I attached to the rear cleats, so as diver approaches the boat, they can attach the BC to them, and board with ease. I also for the deep dives, have a spare rig and a aluminum tank, I would have hanging @ 15 feet for safety stops, so plenty of air time is available.

YOUR right I can not top that. I have had My boat for 5 year and never did a dive off her. My Dive buddy moved just after I bought the boat. Now gaining 20 + pounds did not help matters eithier:D.

Suggestions for your divers, I made up two lanyards with a brass quick release clip. I attached to the rear cleats, so as diver approaches the boat, they can attach the BC to them, and board with ease. I also for the deep dives, have a spare rig and a aluminum tank, I would have hanging @ 15 feet for safety stops, so plenty of air time is available.

I do deploy gear lines but don't inforce the use of them. Don't do the safty bottle thing but a lot of us do use pony botles for bailout. mine is 19cft sidemounted on my main tank.
if there is a curent I deploy a drift line. most of our dives in this area are 70'+ on man made structure. Wrecks, Bridge Spans, reef balls etc. Weather this last week as been dog do do with seas 2-5 and bad viz with some red tide so its been hard to find dive buddies and locate a divable spot. today we dove inside the Bay at a dock at the AF end of Shell Island. a fun 20' dive Lots of Mangrove Snapper around the dock and a few juvinile Gag. Stone Crabs, Arrow crabs, an a real neat Nudibranch that I've yet to identify. Can't keep a good man up!

You're right, I too can't top that, For this year I have hardly dove at all. I was "planning" to dive more than last year and it was pitiful year for my dive log.

You are correct about our boats being good for diving from. Your's is just newer than mine but same model.
I looked at the new 235 at the NC event this Summer and it's NOT a boat for scuba diving. No way I would dive from it. Extremely hard to get back in without dive gear having to squeeze past the motor at the back of the boat. You would need a winch to retrieve your dive gear because you couldn't reach it from hanging over the sides of the boat.

Yesterday the red tide reports to the NW of the St Andrews Bay channel were bad so we went east to the Gierson, WWII liberty ship that was sunk for a dive site. The surface viz was , 10 but opened up to 30 ft at the bottom Great for this time of year. Made two dives spotted a pair of two spot cardinalfish. My dive partner shot a Nice AJ and a couple of snapper. we trolled back across the USS Strength and Span 12, (two more popular dive sights) and caught a nice King on a Manns Stretch 30+. all in all a great day.

geeze guys keep rubbing it in with the diving made a few trips over to the pan Handel this summer with my fiancé hoping to do some more next year...the fiancé in school and with work crimps a alot of diving

geeze guys keep rubbing it in with the diving made a few trips over to the pan Handel this summer with my fiancé hoping to do some more next year...the fiancé in school and with work crimps a alot of diving

Give me a shout when you get ready to come this way and I'll give you some great numbers to dive and a current report on dive conditions. If I'm in town and not off on a dive trip somewhere

Back