Triumph owner and 1st post

BLRVT

Registered Member
State
CT
Hello Folks, this is one of the best resource sites I have seen in a while. Although I joined a while ago, I never dig into the site until recently. Thank you to all who make it such a great resource. I currently own a 2003 150Fish that I have personalized and love. Looking for a 170CC. Available boats seem to have 50hp Honda's, 60hp Yamahas or 70hp Suzukis. Would love to here good and bad on each. Not every motor at a given hp is created or performs eqully. Is the 50hp Honda enough to power this boat? Thank you.

Hi and welcome back! To take advantage of the 16 years of information on Triumph and Logic Boats you should join our Premium Member subscription. It is $12/year or $100/Lifetime and gives you access to all of the forums/threads/posts in the Boat Owners section of the website. To subscribe click on your username in the upper right corner of the screen and then the "Account Upgrades" link. That will take you to the link below where you can subscribe via PayPal. Let us know if you need any assistance.

Randy
administrator

Hi, welcome to the site. There is a wealth of valuable information here so it’s well worth the few buck it cost. I have a 2008 170CC and it’s been an awesome boat for the last 6 years I have owned it. Late 2017 I decided to purchase a new 70 HP Suzuki outboard and I am so very happy with it. The performance is remarkable. It pushes my 170 about 36/38 MPH and burns very little fuel. I was amazed that running around on the bay for a day the fuel gage barely moved. I had to actually look at the tank because I could not believe it burnt so little. I absolutely love the Susuki motor. It is very very quiet when idling. When I first got it I found myself looking back to see if she was pumping water because I could not hear it running. If considering a new Susuki you will not be disappointed.

Good luck in your search!
John

Welcome aboard!
I'm really happy with my Suzuki that I've had for 11 years on my 195CC. It's a DF150. Now that I can run it at the proper height (via hydraulic jack plate), I'm able to cruise at 26mph, 4000RPM, and get 3.8 MPG. Prop slip is only 6% at cruise.
20200607_201205.jpg

Those are good prop numbers.

Hello Folks, this is one of the best resource sites I have seen in a while. Although I joined a while ago, I never dig into the site until recently. Thank you to all who make it such a great resource. I currently own a 2003 150Fish that I have personalized and love. Looking for a 170CC. Available boats seem to have 50hp Honda's, 60hp Yamahas or 70hp Suzukis. Would love to here good and bad on each. Not every motor at a given hp is created or performs eqully. Is the 50hp Honda enough to power this boat? Thank you.

Ive got a 170cc 08’ with Yamaha 60...excellent boat, runs strong, compliments every time I’m on the water wether I’m in fresh or salt.

Indeed, pay 12$ saved me $ and time everyone here is helpful !
I'd say go for a little extra power, better fuel, and sometimes it helps to power through swells with a chasing sea...

Back