Trolling motor mounted on bow of 191F/S

F&SStan

Registered Member
City
Chocowinity
This is how Hooked on the Bay, a Triumph dealer did mine. Hope this helps.

cimg1053-jpg.2263

Attachments

• CIMG1053.jpg
    CIMG1053.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 75

FishinFool

Participating Member
City
Aiken
The dealer did mine also...

...but you don't want to do it like mine. The motor is mounted so that the shaft extends back toward the walk thru gap on the windshield. It is a pain to get around it in the boat. The dealer used homemade aluminum spacers to get the motor almost level since the gunnel drops off at an angle to the port side of the front boarding ladder.

My boat also has a rear swim platform/ladder. When I have time, I plan to remove the front ladder/cover and move the motor to this location so that, when stowed, it will run along the gunnel.

Good Luck

FishinFool

jtaylor1

Registered Member
City
Bertram
...but you don't want to do it like mine. The motor is mounted so that the shaft extends back toward the walk thru gap on the windshield. It is a pain to get around it in the boat. The dealer used homemade aluminum spacers to get the motor almost level since the gunnel drops off at an angle to the port side of the front boarding ladder.

Yeah, that's how my dealer mounted mine originally too - I couldn't believe it when I went to pick up my new boat. I took it home and re-did it myself so it wouldn't look like a monkey did the work. I highly recommend doing it the way I did because it gets the motor and shaft out of the way.

Thfireman

Participating Member
City
Charlotte
Check out how I mounted mine on the 195DC...

full

full

full

Diverdown

Registered Member
City
Georgetown

My boat also has a rear swim platform/ladder. When I have time, I plan to remove the front ladder/cover and move the motor to this location so that, when stowed, it will run along the gunnel.

Good Luck

FishinFool

I am thinking about mounting a trolling motor on a removable trolling motor plate over the bow ladder and under the bow ladder cover with toggles / bolts and spacers of some type.

The plate would be easily removable so that I could install the trolling motor for when I go fishing, and remove it before cruising, tubing, wakeboarding etc.

I still am working out the details and need to get the trolling motor, but any suggestions would be helpful.

Thfireman

Participating Member
City
Charlotte
That would work if you could nail down an installation plan. However I used to have a trolling motor on the back of another boat I had. When I bought a new/used boat after that it hat the motor in front and I was amazed at how much more manuverable it was by being up front. It was tough to be accurate with the motor on the back but I can thread a needle with it on the front. Just something to think about.

Diverdown

Registered Member
City
Georgetown
That would work if you could nail down an installation plan. However I used to have a trolling motor on the back of another boat I had. When I bought a new/used boat after that it hat the motor in front and I was amazed at how much more manuverable it was by being up front. It was tough to be accurate with the motor on the back but I can thread a needle with it on the front. Just something to think about.

Bow = Front

I would like to mount over the bow (front) ladder and under the bow (front) ladder cover :)

Thfireman

Participating Member
City
Charlotte
Bow = Front

I would like to mount over the bow (front) ladder and under the bow (front) ladder cover :)

Duh!! All I saw was Ladder and immediatly assumed you had the rear ladder platform idea. Sorry! I am an idiot. In that case that sounds like a plan! LOL

Diverdown

Registered Member
City
Georgetown
The 191 F&S has a ladder on the front and back :)

It is a great boat with sharp looks with tons of options (like the front and back ladders), so mounting a removable trolling motor mount on the front would be great to keep her lines sharp and weight down.

FishinFool

Participating Member
City
Aiken
Diverdown,

I looked at mounting it on the cover over the ladder but was concerned that it would not be strong enough for a 75 lb thrust motor, especially if the motor contacts something.

I have not moved my motor yet but still have plans to do so...

Diverdown

Registered Member
City
Georgetown
I was thinking more along the lines of over the ladder (cover would be open) with a removable plate positioned over the ladder. The plate and trolling motor would be removed when not required thereby providing full access to the front ladder. The plate would be attached via removable bolts that would screw into permanent bolt holders on the sides of the ladder and supported by spacers to separate the mounting plate from the ladder.

Any thoughts on this setup?

FishinFool

Participating Member
City
Aiken
Do you have a swim platform with boarding ladder on the back? If so, it would seem that the front ladder would not get used much.

I would love to see pictures of your installation when its done...

Diverdown

Registered Member
City
Georgetown
I have a front ladder as well as the back ladder standard with my 2006 191.

Is that not standard on all models?

Thfireman

Participating Member
City
Charlotte
I have a front ladder as well as the back ladder standard with my 2006 191.

Is that not standard on all models?

Not sure about the 191's but not on the 195DC.

F&SStan

Registered Member
City
Chocowinity
I finally remerbered to have the camera with me and just took these two photos. Hope it helps.

2927.vB

2926.vB

Attachments

• CIMG1839.jpg
    CIMG1839.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 73
  • CIMG1838.jpg
    CIMG1838.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 61

Thfireman

Participating Member
City
Charlotte
Nice looking install. I see the step and cover. That does look to week to mount directly to but like said, if a plate was made to go over that then it might work. But your set up avoids that and still leaves the ladder available if needed. Nice.