Trying to Discover a possible Leak on 2008 195CC

mrgreencms

Participating Member
City
Woodbine
I am having an issue with the bilge pump coming on frequently. I believe I have an in hull leak somewhere. I am going to take up the rear panel and begin looking there, and possible bait well hose. Any recommendations?

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Good Morning Brother!
Check all the hoses (some I am sure are getting a little old) and usually right at where the clamps are installed is the 1st place they start to leak. Now if the rest of the hose looks fine and you have the slack? Cut off the end and reinstall with double the clamps at each connection point ;)

Just make sure you install them (the clamps) so you can get at them to tighten or move around quickly while on the water, meaning the clamp screw heads are facing in a direction you can reach them with the deck installed :)

052615014.jpg

Hope this helps?
Dave

mrgreencms

Participating Member
City
Woodbine
Thank you. I will be working on this tomorrow. I finally have the time to give the job total attention. I will update as to what I find.

mrgreencms

Participating Member
City
Woodbine
All right. Here is the update. Took off all the access panels, deck, transom, live well and gave the boat a good look. Tighten all hose clamps. Then I put the trailer on blocks to take the weight off the tires, and added fresh water to the bilge. The water level came up to more than half way up the gas tank, check for leaks at all access points, nothing. Left the water in the bilge for about 15-20 minutes for a static test, still no leaks. Drained the water out (best part, fresh water wash down.) Next day neighbor and I put the boat in the river (Crooked River, lower Georgia on the coast) and check for leaks. None shown, the bilge pump only had nominal use, we spent 2 hours on the water enjoying the day. Still no leaks. Must have fixed the problem with the tightening of the hose clamps. Only down side, neither of us thought to bring a rod, cast net, so no fishing. The day was beautiful and I was very pleased to have fixed the problem.