Unsinkable® Polarized (The Battle of the Shades!)

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Just wanted to bring this unique product to the attention of this group for consideration before actual testing since Spring is approaching, at least for some of us! But 1st a little back story I mean Saga, about how a pair of Shades almost broke my heart ;)

A few years ago I, correction! She... Whom I adore, lost a very expensive pair of my Costa's (that other Brand) while boarding the 190 :oops: Now why on Earth would you not have them on and or at the very least, hanging around your neck "Before" boarding (I) will never know... :( Now she might be an Angel, but her wings were not deployed that day..., So when she went to grab that bar on the console to board "Plop" right into the drink they went! And if you only knew how hard it is for me to find shades that will correctly fit my Phat face, this and not leak in light around from the Bottom or Sides, Fog up, Etc.... Heck, you know what I mean... :confused:

And remember this was not some pair that ZZ Top makes mention in that Tune "Cheap Sunglasses" either. And She, who also likes to tout just how great of a competitive swimmer she is (yea, back when we had 8 Track players) on "This Day" somehow forgot how to swim to go get them! Speaking of swimming, she also likes to forget that I was NOT in the Air Force, and we all know just how fast one could drown or succumb to Hypothermia, in a 20 foot deep heated pool... This unlike the North Atlantic :rolleyes: And God and I both love her, but She likes to go off on these Wild Tangents about how fast she was swimming, and as I am heading out of the room, I just start humming Semper Paratus :p

This day though, I had my hands full of controlling the helm, the dock lines, all while giving her grief for being a Pool Sissy, and not jumping in to get them into 80 degree water! And (get this) She already was in her swim suit! This OR I would have just gone in after them myself... The water was just too deep for the Power Pole to hold the boat in place, and I am quite sure the Outboard had already blown them half way to Cuba by then... So goes the Saga of my Lost Shades and dang, they were one of my favorite pairs!

Time to Exhale..... OK, I am better now ;)

Now that is finally off of my chest and ejected those demons. While I was making some other searches for the Site the other day, I came across this Webpage:

https://unsinkablepolarized.com/

And I started laughing while shaking my head about the above Flashback on this picture below, this while thinking "Dang..., that is what I needed then, and I would still have my Favorite Phat Faced Eagle Eye Fishing shades!"

But the Saga is not totally written to "The End" just yet Baby Ducks. And after discussing with them my needs and fit, the Excellent Staff at Unsinkable Polarized have a Big Phat Framed Pair designed for Flats and Inshore Fishing, too see how well they fit my Big part Native America (unlike others I have, but I digress) Phat Face ;)

Excellent and not only that, but Rumor Control and those same Excellent Staff Members say, that the Other Brand's 580 Wave Lens have Nothing on the Unsinkable ColorBlast Technology Lens... Awesome! And some time spent out on the Flats near our Backyard, will tell the tape on the "Battle of the Shades" soon enough! :cool:

Now the only question is? Should I hand them to you know who. To "Test Out" this other unique non sinkable feature? Since She who could (I've see her do it!) stumble over her own shadow... I think I better put a strap on them as I do all of mine 1st. And at least wait until I have had a few hours with them and those Others that sink like a rock in a Side by Side comparison before She gets near them :p

This though should be an interesting test for sure. For we all know how Our Florida Home Brand of Shades (Go Gators) are so loved here in the Sunshine State! But we are looking for the best ROI, and if they also happen to also Float, Hot Dang! Many times I have have to take that strap off when rolling up my face shield, and then not worry about another pair dropping into the drink. To not have to do that would be simply Awesome!

More on this topic and product soon... And let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors sent you if you do reach out to them and how you like yours?

In the mean time, Tight Lines and Eagle Sharp Eyesight to you! And if you do happen to find a pair of Black Famed Green Lens Sades washed up near (I suspect) Costa Rica by now. They are mine, but you can keep them... I have replacements on the way, and I just don't think my heart could take another break up!

k9reno

Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
I am into needing sunglasses almost all the time. I have a pupil that doesn't like to adjust to sunlight. And as to loosing glasses in the water. I once lost my prescription glasses in the Chesapeake Bay during a dog training exercise. spent 45 minutes in 4 ft of the bay feeling around with toes. Actually found them. Because I wear prescription Oakley polarized sunglasses I always have a strap on them and I have a floating strap just incase they still go in. Wish I could use cheaper sunglasses like those but being able to see counts for something. :) As far as these glasses go, they are my style.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Good Afternoon!
If you are in need of some low cost Floating Shades, they are now having some Close Out specials running right now and you can find them on this link:

Enjoy!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Quick update on the set I was sent to test... The lens is really good and do an excellent job in making the colors Pop!

However as I feared, they simply do not fit my face, and leak light around both the top and the bottom of the frame. Not an issue with the product at all! And as denoted before have fought with such for many, many, years now... Sunglasses like Shoes for me, I just need to try on 1st which is why I go to places like BPS and the such like, so I can just to make sure they do fit ;)

Not a problem though, and in the process of getting this 1st pair them back to them, and try another frame style with the same lens. They have been excellent and most kind working with me through the entire process and very responsive! Quite sure you will have the same Shopping and Support experience :cool:

And let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors sent you if you do reach out to them, and looking forward to more testing!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Need some new Shades? How about some closeout items at a great price! Click the link below to view what is still in stock from our friends over at Unsinkable:

Welcome to Spring - $39 Closeouts thru Sunday!

And let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors sent you if you do reach out to them!

"Now go get yourself some cheap sunglasses" As Brother Billy Gibbons would say :p

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
We want you to Be Unsinkable®while on the water, so we have created the Ultimate Fishing Sunglasses.

newfirstslidertest.png

Get 20% off the entire line with the code NEW20

You can visit and shop with them on this link:
And let us know how they are working out for you?

Enjoy!

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
I finally got some time with the latest set of glasses sent to me from Unsinkable, and the frames called "Bulkhead" fit me so much better on my face and give me complete coverage now :)

Also, made some comparisons with a set of Costa 580P and was impressed, but the Unsinkable was not as clear? So instead of just thinking is was an inferior lens, I tried something that worked Well!

Now I do not know if there was a film on the lens that other cleaners or microfiber cloths were not able to remove / buff out? Or it was the fact, that the lens had some micro marring (like the Clear Coat on your Auto's) on it that my eyes were able to see which is one of the reason's I usually prefer a real glass lens. But I stumbled upon and found the product that really cleaned and cleared them up and it is Line and Lure conditioner from our friends over at Dynovatech ;)

So how I used it was pretty easy... I squirted a little on each lens and and rubbed it around some with a lens cloth. Then I waited until it flashed off some (10 seconds maybe?) and then polished them both back out. Big difference in both how they cleaned up and improvement in overall clarity :cool:

You can find out more and order some to try on your new or even your older present plastic lens shades here:

Back to the Unsinkable Lens... I have a 20 plus year old pair of Serengeti Drivers I love that I keep in my SUV that are not polarized, that really help me when looking through your typical Automotive or Small Aircraft windshield. They really help me a lot see though haze without making everything darker like many of the more modern sunglasses do. And I find that as I get older, they help even more by cutting through the glare like those days when it rains in the afternoon and or get that blinding haze / steam going up from the surface of the road.

I have found that thus far, I have not had to reach up and grab them and put them on when wearing even these polarized lens from Unsinkable and my eyes are just as relaxed! So bang for the buck, I am quite impressed with these glasses now and think you will also!

So try some for yourself and let us know how they work out for you? Nice to know that I don't have to worry about having a strap always on them (which makes it a pain when wearing a Buff / Face Cover at times) and if I bend over and they fall off while on any boat they Float!

If you would like to order and try a pair you can find their online store here:

And let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you if you do reach out to them!

Tight Lines!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Mine have now become my favorite shades for everyday wear, and I would not classify them as "cheap" like other pair's that you have worn and picked up at places like BPS, Walmart, Boat Shows and others... Just a good pair of sunglasses at a reasonable cost as compared to the other Uber Expensive ones like Smith, Costa, etc.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Long term follow on for these... Mine started to have problems with the Len's falling away from the frames at the top here not long ago.

glasses.jpg

Strange, since I have never dropped them, and was going to try a tiny dab of super glue to try and secure them again, but thought better of such and just sent some pictures and a quick note to Unsinkable about the problem :)

Got a very quick response back, and they asked me to ship them in, and sent me an exchange pair back ;)
new shades.png
They also sent me a slightly different frame color (Black) and Blue lens color, that works much better for us here in SWFL. At times which is why I had reserved them for mostly driving before, the larger light transmission amount in the green lens (what we typically use here for Flats Fishing) was just too bright for my use.

So, still testing the newer ones here on the water, but I can already tell since my face will relax more now with the Black Frame and Blue Lens color combo when outside, as such they are the Better Choice at least for my eyes and maybe yours also?

Now you can spend a lot of money for Sunglasses and in my case, I buy and use several pairs and lens types for those conditions. Hunting Fish out on the Flats, color differentiation and contrast when looking for them is Super Important! What one would use Offshore, is not going to work well on The Flats (again different use case) but you also need to be able to relax your eyes while starring into any body Water under Full Sun. So, some experimentation on your part for your eyes is very important!

So these glasses are a great lower cost option and a Non Sinkable, pair for you to try! Definitely NOT one some Cheap Non Polarized Shades that simply do not work on the water for sure :cool:

And let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you if you do reach out to them!

Tight Lines!
Dave