Water in the inner hull

Barry

Registered Member
City
White Plains
I just started replacing the bilge pump, upon removal water started gushing out of the screw hole. So I drilled a 1/4 hole in the mount block and a steady stream of water came out. I decided to drill a 1/4 hole on the other side of the keel and more water can gushing out. The boat has been on the trailer for the last 5 months so I would assume that the hull is not cracked. I do have an inner hole drain with only a few drips of water, and I have the tung of the trailer jacket up about 30 inches.
I do have rod holders and am not sure if the have drains, does any one have any idea were the water may be entering the hull. The boat is always covered when not in use.

Barry

NCangler

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
I checked with the factory on this for you and here was their response:
It is hard to speculate without looking at the boat, but if the lower motor bolts was not sealed properly with Elastomeric, that is usually where I point people first.
You may want to check with a Triumph Dealer on this.

Barry

Registered Member
City
White Plains
I will re-seal the bolts, I managed to pull about 6 to 8 gallons of water from the inner hull. I have reviewed most of the post, one area that has been noted is the drain in the mega hatch being cracked and required sealing. The local dealer fro triumph is about 1-1/2 hrs from me. Thank for the help.
Barry

boostjunkie1

Contributing Member
City
Lexington
My 190 had allot of water in the inner hull and once I got it all out the boat rode much nicer. I can also tell a difference going down the road....I had to have at least close to 100 gallons of water in the inner hull :eek:...... The thing drained for a couple weeks through the inner hull drain that Merritt Marine installed.. Good Luck, Boost

Barry

Registered Member
City
White Plains
I have one transom drain, very little water comes out. I have drill the foam about 10 in deep, with the amount of water that I had vacuumed out of the bildge pump mtg holes, do I need to drill the hole a lot deeper?

Barry

phatraley

Registered Member
City
Ozark
I have a 2002 210cc that does the same thing. When I remove the 2 longer screws for the bilge pump water will exit those holes for hours. On 2 seperate occasions over the last 30 days I have vacuumed almost 15 gallons of water out of those 2 holes. I installed my inner hull drain a few weeks ago and the amount of water in the bottom of the hull after drilling the transom was minute compared with the water I was vacuuming from the bilge pump holes. I used a spade bit to clean out the foam. My boat sits in the water so I will be curious to see how much water I get out the next time I put it on the trailer.

KINGFISHER10

Registered Member
City
Ferndale
It's the same problem that I've been talking about in my post, I took pictures and my dealer " E " mailed them to Triumph yesterday but haven't heard back yet as far as I know.

Pacifico 2

Registered Member
State
CA
I have a 2002 210cc that does the same thing. When I remove the 2 longer screws for the bilge pump water will exit those holes for hours. On 2 seperate occasions over the last 30 days I have vacuumed almost 15 gallons of water out of those 2 holes. I installed my inner hull drain a few weeks ago and the amount of water in the bottom of the hull after drilling the transom was minute compared with the water I was vacuuming from the bilge pump holes. I used a spade bit to clean out the foam. My boat sits in the water so I will be curious to see how much water I get out the next time I put it on the trailer.

Pacifico 2

Registered Member
State
CA
I have the same issue. After adding 2 hull drains, I had minimal amount of dripping over a few days. The bilge area continues to fill with water and grease like substance from the holes made by the bilge pump screws. What was your solution? I searched with no success the design of the boat hull. I wonder if drilling deeper may tap into this area from the hull drain?

Amg800

Registered Member
State
Me
I have the same issue. After adding 2 hull drains, I had minimal amount of dripping over a few days. The bilge area continues to fill with water and grease like substance from the holes made by the bilge pump screws. What was your solution? I searched with no success the design of the boat hull. I wonder if drilling deeper may tap into this area from the hull drain?

Pacifico. I have a 2001 Logic 210 with a weight problem (heavier on the port side). I been going through the process of elimination to figure out what's causing it. 'Water in the hull' is at the bottom of my list and I'm almost there. If you learn anything new by poking around, please post info and pictures if you can. This is an old post and I'm glad it's got new traction...
Cheers.