Weather. You never know what your gonna get.

Push&Pull

Recognized Leader Triumph 210 / 215 Forum
City
Florida City
State
Florida
Well, decided to give the ole girl a workout this weekend.
Just finished fishing a two day Dolphin Tournament down in the Florida Keys. Of course the weather forecast was winds less than 10 knots and seas 1-2 feet. And of course they were wrong. Lots wrong. Winds were blowing steady 25-30 kts and the seas were 6'-8' and a sloppy mess both days. Made it hard to even stand up, let alone handle poles and tackle. But I gotta say......the ole girl handled it a whole lot better than this old guy. It wore me out. But she performed flawlessly. Not a glitch. Not bad for 15 years old. (I wonder what that is in boat years)
We did make it on the leader board with a few decent fish, but not the prize winner. I was more than ready to head in at lines out on 2nd day.
The food and after parties did go a long way towards making up for the weather. And it's Florida.....who can really complain about Paradise.
Whadda ya gonna do, that's fishing and it was still better than a day of work. ;)

PS. - Haven't checked to see if any pics came out. Couldn't hold the camera still and it was always getting sprayed with waves. I'll post some if any came out.

Last edited:
Sounds like a typical day on the TX Gulf coast. I wish we had as many calm sea days as you FL guys.

Glad someone could go out. We had our second tropical storm come through so no boating again. Big tides with wind surge - 9.5 feet was the predicted. Probably got to around 10.5.

Back