Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
This one from Peter McKinnon has some great tips for those who have and use Adobe Lightroom :)

I have it on my PC and just starting to really dig into it and it is pretty powerful, but not totally in love with how it manages files. I guess since I have worked on Computers before there was even PC's, that I have no problems organizing folders files and using "Save As" when I make edits. Matter of fact, I do it without even thinking about it ;)

Other than that, great video and tips and I recommend setting down with it on one screen with Lightroom open on the other, this so you can find these tools to make adjustments to your work :cool:

Happy Editing!

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
I have a older one (version 5.7.1) loaded on my PC as denoted before. However I have pretty much quick using it in favor of the Online version. As I work with it more and more, really liking all the power and built in presets that it has!

Yesterday I was able to grab some awesome Storm / Sunset photo's and needed to work on them since the light was fading so fast. And trust me, what you see / saw while there much less on the little camera display, sometimes is just not what you find when those files are loaded back on the PC. And what I traded in speed to get them as clear as possible (as you will see) I lost in Sunlight refection off of the Horzion and Clouds.

So here are some before and after examples using Lightroom and hopefully you can see what I mean ;)

Original shot, and really like how I grabbed an Osprey in flight and the fish under him near the surface leaving the scene! Tells you a lot about Fish eyesight from overhead, so remember that when casting over them...

DSCN1261.JPG

After clean up and adjusting some of the lighting to look more like it did while I was standing there...

DSCN1261LR.jpg

Same area different angle and really thinking into having these made into large framed pictures.

Original, and again just too dark and not how I "saw" it with my eyes...

DSCN1273.JPG

And after some clean up and lighting adjustments with Lightroom...

DSCN1273LR.jpg

So give Lightroom it a try and let us know how you like it?

Enjoy!
Dave

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
And though was easy to see with the naked eye, had to work with it in Lightroom to really make both Rainbows come into view. And it seems to have grabbed more cloud detail on the top one, as much as brought the upper rainbow into better view.

Before:

IMG_0816.JPG

After:

IMG_0816LR.jpg

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Some more good tips by Peter for Adobe Lightroom you might find useful.

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Simply Awesome ability for it (Lightroom) to bring out more color and contrast!

Before with some small edits (what I call down and dirty) in Windows Photos

DSCN0008.JPG

And after working with the same shot in Lightroom (Cloud) version:

DSCN0008LR.jpg

The extra color and contrast is awesome and very easy to preform with a few mouse clicks!

Now "that" was what I saw through the camera when I took that shot :)