Wildlife Photography Contest. WIN a Botswana Photo SAFARI!

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Will be happy to join you on this one in Botswana if you win and need a sidekick to handle the Post Editing chores :D

So let me know when I need to plan some vacation time and update my Passport! Besides, I have some new gear I need to try out :cool:

Good Shooting!

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Submitted my 1st entry for review, but I might swap it out with one taken with the newer camera which has less low light noise.

DSCN0009-Pangolin.jpg
Oh well, got to be in it to win it as they say :cool:

Who is the next one in our collective here to submit one? One of Us needs to win, just so we can share the story of the trip there later on!

Good Shooting!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
And my entry for the Black and White Category. And it is a little larger in size, so you might have to click on the link to open it in another tab full sized.

View attachment _DSC0319-3.jpg

Now this one was taken by my newer Nikon Z6 which I am just over the top pleased at what I can now grab with it after many, many, hours of study on it's capabilities, and after make some programming tweaks :)

So jump in on the fun, and post up your entries, and good luck!

Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Quick update on this one for those like myself, were not getting the "warm fuzzes" in the payment options to enter an overseas contest. And even though it was a HTTPS link which are secure, anybody can get one of those and then have access to your account if not careful ;)

So I reached out to the Guys and Gals at Pangolin and they were very quick to respond and send back with the following on one of our exchanges...

"Dear Dave

We are proud to have partnered with Empowers Africa as our fiscal partner in the US.

Simply go to this link on their website to choose any of our projects to contribute to, for any amount of your choice:

https://empowersafrica.org/partners/pangolin-africa/

We do not receive immediate notifications from Empowers Africa, so please send me your donation confirmation via email so I can associate the contribution with your Pangolin Photo Challenge profile.

Thanks and warm regards,

Catherine"

And no troubles at all with the above process and no extra 1% of higher fees, for making a payment overseas naturally. And I have sat on this part for a while just in case there were any payment issues, or other problems (one can never been too careful) and none whatsoever! As such, I feel pretty confident that you should not have any issues either using the above process either :cool:

Good luck on your entries, and do let the team there know, that the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you when you reach out to them :)

Also if you enjoy the Site, don't forget tell your friends to join us!

Good Shooting!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
The 1st round selections are completed now if you would like to see the selections and the winners :)

Couple more rounds to go for the contest, and I still have my fingers crossed for those here that entered as well as myself ;) And they as you watched, made some changes for entries into the Black and White category. So, now they do not have to include Wildlife in shots which should help those who have some awesome Landscape pictures they would like to enter :cool:

Good Shooting and Good Luck!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
So, after watching the top 60 finalist in the B&W selection (which I did not make it into :confused:) and some awesome shots that were selected though and you can all of them here:

I elected to up my game and put up one of mine that has a little more PUNCH (that is a understatement) and see if I can pull off a last quarter win? This so I can go there and play Tarzan, and watch Big Animals running down dinner, with my camera in hand :cool:

Wish me luck and here is mine for the "Creative Captures" entry and trust me, the Osprey in the right palm tree was much more cool and collective with all those bolts flying around, than I was taking those shots! I bet I jumped back more than once seeing them, and hearing / feeling the very close thunder shanking the ground under me ;)

View attachment _DSC0374.jpg

Good Shooting!
Dave