WTB Leaning Post for Triumph 210

RambleOn89

Registered Member
State
MA
Hey all,

Figured I'd put a fresh thread up. I've got some tired chairs on my 2005 210 and would love a leaning post with a backrest. I've seen some on the chaos and I know Todd makes a universal replacement. Does anyone have a Triumph one for sale or has anyone used the Todd universal replacement on our boats?

Thanks!

Option B

Have one locally made at a Metal Fab Shop, that fits over the live well that has some dry storage at the same time ;)

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

What is great about this, is you an choose the type of box you want to install under and how high and forward "you" need to handle her well in all Sea States.

And if not already equiped, install a tilt steering helm, and a smaller helm wheel with a speed knob, really improves boat command / control as well as comfort. If set up and spaced correctly, you pilot the vessel both by setting and standing! :cool:

Would not shock me that you would spend the same or less, as some product already made and have a much better fitting and usable system.

Hope this helps!
Dave

Option B

Have one locally made at a Metal Fab Shop, that fits over the live well that has some dry storage at the same time ;)

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

What is great about this, is you an choose the type of box you want to install under and how high and forward "you" need to handle her well in all Sea States.

And if not already equiped, install a tilt steering helm, and a smaller helm wheel with a speed knob, really improves boat command / control as well as comfort. If set up and spaced correctly, you pilot the vessel both by setting and standing! :cool:

Would not shock me that you would spend the same or less, as some product already made and have a much better fitting and usable system.

Hope this helps!
Dave
Thanks Dave,

Looks like it came out great, would you mind if I asked how much that set you back?

Don't recall, that was in like 2003 and I cannot recall whom I had even custom make it for me... Was one of the 1st upgrades made to that boat, and I sold it not long (like 6 months) after it was installed.

I do remember it was like 3/4 of what any of the Factory or Factory OEM stuff was at that time, and worked so much better since it as set at "my height and distance" from the the helm. Also that grab bar going across the back of the seat, I added a few clamp on rod holders so I could use both hands for such while the rod was secure. If I can find any pictures of such, will post them up also.

And here is the small replacement 13.5 inch helm I was talking about that you can find on Amazon for under $50.00 which was a simply awesome upgrade and made a different handling boat out of it. I could bring it about so much faster, and getting it back on a trailer was so much easier... You simply cannot go hand of hand fast enough without speed knob (none of my Boats / Skiffs have even been without one) and this design being inside the wheel and not clamped on as some use and swear by and at! Also helps keep it from hitting "other" things on your body that will really wake you up ;)

61keKyBi14L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Search Keyword for the Helm Wheel of you would like to see more specs on it :cool:

DasMarine 316 Stainless Steel Boat Steering Wheel 3-Spoke 13-1/2" Dia, with 1/2" -20 Nut and Turning Knob Compatible for Seastar and Verado Marine Boat

Gemlux, also makes a real nice one! It is also a lot more expensive...

19716385210522_5789928194202_1_1024x1024@2x.jpg

https://gemlux.com/collections/boat-steering-wheels/products/4229

Still looking if anyone has one removed from a chaos or captains chairs from a later model.

Thanks!

Back