wilram

Participating Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Sneads Ferry
State
NC
I am purchasing a 2007 215CC equipped with a Yamaha 150 four stroke ( 254 hrs. ) located in Chesapeake VA. This in advance of moving from our home in CT to our home in Eastern NC. I have been monitoring available Triumph Boats, since March, after my early search on Boat Traders for a 16'-20' center console. Following the viewing of its review, and identifying an available 195 CC near my NC home, I researched the unconventional, atypical construction. It appeared ideal for me, new to boat ownership; however, always enjoying the NJ, CT and RI shorelines. As an aside, back in 2002 the decision was between Horse or Boat. My wife was a long time English rider. In 2017, as a prior RE agent, she came upon an Equestrian and Boating Community. We are in the process of selling our Horse Property to relocate to the our Home we purchased last year. The intention to bring our two Quarter Horses, and me to eventually get a Boat. This said, I will be taking ownership within the next week in advance of our move, My desire was to find a forum for the discontinued, however, much desired durable and forgiving boat, as I begin my familiarity and ownership. Excuse this lengthy conversation, but the intention was to get to know me.

Well, wilram, welcome aboard. I'm sure your 215CC will be all you dreamed it would be. My 195CC was my entrance to boating, too, purchased for much the reason as yours. They are great boats.

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the 215! :cool:

Well, wilram, welcome aboard. I'm sure your 215CC will be all you dreamed it would be. My 195CC was my entrance to boating, too, purchased for much the reason as yours. They are great boats.
Appreciate your reply and introduction. Very pleased to know of your team leader role for the Triumph Boats, Frankly, it was the 195 CC that I was initially introduced to via the Boat Test review and follow on Boat Trader listing, unexpectedly and fortunately located nearby my NC home. Further, I had as a favorite a !95CC in TX, which was sold. Regards, Bill

Welcome.

I may be a 235 cc guy, but I had a 2017 2155 cc for years. Would be happy to answer any questions or help out.

Post some photos, show what you're working with and we'll all help you along.

Welcome.

I may be a 235 cc guy, but I had a 2017 2155 cc for years. Would be happy to answer any questions or help out.

Thank You for your welcome and offer to answer questions I likely will have in the future. As Forum Leader of the 235 CC, I am certain you can provide me invaluable assistance. Once taking ownership and possession I'd be happy to share.

Please note and for every readers ease of mind, my user name is meant to signify the first three letters of my first and last proper name; and not how I expect to conduct myself. This was a point of note immediately observed by my wife. Stay well, stay safe.

Today I purchased my 1st boat. A 2007 Triumph 195DC with a Yamaha 150 Outboard. Looking forward to participating in the forum and learning from everyone.

Regards,
Andy

Good day Andy from a new boat owner myself, joining on July 22nd.. I have already found NCangler and Putershark, as Site Owners and Administrators, extremely inviting and helpful. Also, Harper and Offshoreman as Forum Leaders, and despite different Triumph Make Boats, also welcoming and have already offered there assistance. Lastly, I suggest your indicate your City or Town.. It was only than that NCangler noticed that I live closeby making the experience even nore pleasant. Welcome and Enjoy your new Boat. Kind Regards, Bill

Check recent posts about prop selection for that 150. There are a couple good selections, if you have any prop issues.

Once again thank you Martin. The Marina Manager indicated it came with another prop, which when asked for pictures I seen a Yamaha Genuine Prop Bag. He dis indicate that both may have exhibited some scrapings, which may be able to be refinished. Don't know condition of prop in bag;however you are welcome to see attached. Best Regards, Bill

Attachments

• 20190718_181542894_iOS.jpg
    20190718_181542894_iOS.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 1
Yeah, that things is a little beat up. You may have prop shops near you that could rework that into good shape. If it were me, I would keep that one as a spare and get a new one.

Yeah, that things is a little beat up. You may have prop shops near you that could rework that into good shape. If it were me, I would keep that one as a spare and get a new one.
Thank you, maybe SS?

Check recent posts about prop selection for that 150. There are a couple good selections, if you have any prop issues.
Will do. Once again, very appreciate your interest in getting me up, running, and out

Yes, stainless.

Welcome.

Martin , searching relevant threads I came across a dated 235CC, "Handling in Rough Seas" posted Question, which is of great interest to me. I did not see a post from you; however, wanted to forward on a same reply to @Push&Pull and 2@Harper. In case you haven't checked recently, as the 235 Forum Leader, you have a new follower.

Back