nocturn

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Colonial Heights
State
Virginia
My 2007 215CC T-Top canvas is toast. Merritt doesn't have any 2007 left in stock. Anyone used an outside source for a replacement?

I know a place that will make you one according to your dimensions and your old one as a pattern. I'll research that and send you some info when I get home.

Any local marine canvas shop and I suspect automotive upholstery shop, should be able to make it out of the Sunnrella material and color you want.

You just need to take the old one off so they can pattern one from it ;)

Same goes for your seat cushions when they need replaced.

Even here on little old Pine Island we have a Marine canvas shop. So if you are near any major body of water, Bing or Google should be able to find one for you online easy enough.

That sounds easier than what I was going to suggest. Let me know if that doesn't work out for you.

Yeah, I was shooting for more of a "I need a 2007 T-top canvas, send it to me" versus a local upholster. I'll probably go the latter route this fall.

Thanks man. Yeah, I looked at them a few weeks ago. Too many broken links on that site for my tastes. Seems to be either poorly managed or just rubbish.

I'll probably go custom this winter.

Thanks again.

Probably go with G2Outfitters. I remember reading about them being a mom and pop start-up on THT a few years back and it appears they are still in business and with great reviews

More specifically replacement covers. Options- Original or Pro Series; Nine ( 9 ) Canvas Colors. In the event you may have overlooked just the replacement cover item among all the T Top Offerings

Decided to try G2 Outfitters. Sent out the old top on tuesday and he's already done. Went with Stamoid versus sunbrella.

I'll follow up on quality as soon as I get the new top back.

Randy,
What was the tipping point for you, on the Stamoid versus Sunbrella material? And maybe we need to start a new product comparison thread on that subject?

Durability and ease of maintenance. Sunbrella is fine and all but its porous and holds a lot of dirt and mold. And it fades. Stamoid isn't porous and can be cleaned super easy. My lawnmower cover is stamoid and it's been great for 10+ years.

The sunbrella replacement would have been $189 and the Stamoid upgrade put it at $265.

I got 10 years out of the old sunbrella top with heavy maintenance each spring, especially in the last 3 years. It was in full sun all year.

I expect to get 15-20 years out of the Stamoid now that I'll have a full boat cover over it from October to April.

The only thing better about sunbrella is its ability to take corners better. But being I'm using stamoid as a top, there are no corners or bends to fail. So 15+ years should be no problem.

Excellent Comparison Brother!

I say we start a new thread on the topic (feel free since I know you are not busy LOL) and I will be happy to move these last few postings into that new one.

Last assignment (as always for any good article) is we will need some Before and After shots which I am sure your phone can take :cool:

Awesome Stuff!

Back