A big old Humboldt howdy!

Jan from Humboldt

Contributing Member
Just thought I'd intro myself.

I'm Jan (A Dutchman) and I just bought a 150 CC here in Northern California, I live in Humboldt County in the Eureka area and fish a lot in Humboldt bay, I fish Halibut, rock fish, Salmon, Sturgeon and Lings.

I pick up the boat this Friday and am glad to retire the little Aluminum rig I've been using (1973 vintage Western 14').

Lets see what else... Former Marine ('Nam Vet), retired telephone guy (32 years Pac Bell/SBC Construction), grew up in San Diego fished all the great stuff there, (Sure do miss tossing the iron at the "Tails), moved north in '97 and had to learn a whole new area and fishery.

Right now it's raining again/still and I wanna go fishing in the new boat! :)

welcome to the elite ...I have a sister up in Eureka, never been there though

Welcome to the site. Glad you found us.

Hope you can post some pictures of your new ride and show us your catch every now and then.

Vic in Osprey FL

Greetings From San Diego

Hey Jan from Humbolt; I'm a native OB guy, and a new Triumph owner. Thought you might enjoy hearing about your old stomping grounds: Point Loma Kelp & wrecks off of Belmont Park coaster are producing white seabass again; The Hubbs re-stocking program is working. Early albacore this year, but way out there. On the downside, seals-seals-seals everywhere.

I just took delivery of a 2005 170CC. I chose Triumph after talking on the phone to Dick at Merrit Marine in NC. Great guy! I'm going to fish it for the first time tomorrow (Friday 6/3), and I am STOKED! :)

Hello Jan in Humboldt

Jan,
I'm somewhat new to this site, just thought I would jump in and say HI also. Live in central Ca, Modesto. Fish mostly in SF bay (butts and stripers) then when things get going outside, it's up the Marin cost for kings and lings. I'm looking at the 06 195cc or the 215cc, either should do well in the big blue. Joined the site to gather all the info I could before my purchase. All these guy's are making me a beliver.

Dux

Hi Dux

You can't go wrong with a Triumph!

I'm always a bit skeptical about advertizing but so far I haven't caught them in any little fibs about the boat, I run my little 150 out to 12 miles here in Eureka for salmon and 'butts and have decided it will take more than I can.

I've owned other boats both glass and aluminum and I've decided you just cant beat a Triumph.:D :D

If you are shopping and don't mind a drive once you decide on the boat you want you might give these guys a call http://www.outboardcenter.net/ (707) 822-5206 and talk to Lee McClaren, he's the owner.

They cut me a pretty good deal when I bought mine and it is the slow season here and he might be willing to wheel and deal with you.

Welcome Aboard Jan! Congrat's on your new rig!!
I used to live in Chula Vista partime with my father when he was with the pacific fleet

Best Fishes in 2006 Halibut, rockfish, salmon, sturgeon, lings is one heck of a line up!

We are also from the erueka area and are thinking about buying a 215cc from Lee at the outboard center. We will be fishing mostly for salmon, lings, butts, and albacore. However we will also take a trip to Trinity and Ruth lakes every once and a while to catch some bass and go tubing.

Back