Alright, who jinxed my traler? BLOWOUT!!

Swamp_Bear

Contributing Member
City
Wilson
Well, today we're heading back from the Pamlico, and on the freeway just west of Greenville, POW!! One of my trailer tires explodes and throws treads through the plastic fender. This was right tire on the front axle.

Luckily, I added a spare tire to the trailer last year, so we were able to pull onto the shoulder and change it out.

When we got home, you better believe we got a new spare mounted before the day was even through. After two peaceful years with the trailer, suddenly all heck is breaking loose.

One question: Who put the whammy on my EZ?

Swamp Bear, you should contact EZ Loader support to see if they can get you a replacement fender. I'm glad you were able to get off the road with an accident and that you had a spare. :)

I Have had 2 blowouts on my EZ this summer. First time with no spare and the second blowout was 2 days after I bought the spare.

The marina I went to replace my spare asked me where my tire was made. "Was it made in New Zealand?" When I went outside and pulled the Goodyear out of my truck, I looked at it, and saw that in fact it was made in New Zealand.

He said another guy just went through a couple of blowouts with those same tires, and has had it with them.

Maybe I should get two spares...

Are they the goodyear marathon tires. Thats what I had blow out and I talked to EZ loader to see if i should switch to a different model or brand but they said they have had good results with them. For now I am going to stick with the goodyears but 1 more blow out and I am switching brands. Make sure you are running at the right PSI. I was running 5psi under what I should have been.

Afirmative on the Goodyears. Each one that blows is getting replaced by another brand. My new one is made in China.

Back