Aluminum Trailers

F

feejer

I see from some of your photos some of you guys have aluminum trailers. Was this an option from the dealer?

For the last few years you can order them built that way for some models. As for myself, I was not happy with the 04 factory trailer so I had one made with torsion bar suspension and have never regretted it for it rides very smooth. Much better than your typical leaf spring axle design... Of course having the trailer tires balanced, goes a long way towards improving the ride and tire and bearing wear also ;)

Went with MagicTilt aluminum, cause that was my only option at the time. I did upgrade the leaf springs to 5k lbs and supposedly a stronger axle and better tires per MagicTilt at their cost. I've put thousands of miles on bearing buddies and cheap tires without a flat.....yet. I do dissasemble the bearings once a year to inspect and keep waterproof beaing grease in my truck and keep the bearing buddies full and flushed out after launching boat.

I would like two axles, torsion bars and sealed fluid bearings with stainless disc brakes for the next trailer, of course bigger boats need this more.

Back