Clarion CMD4A Radio

Mike in Maine

Participating Member
City
Woburn
I got the unit installed at the factory. It sounds great. One problem, It was supposed to come with Sirius sattelite radio including a free 6 month trial. I followed Allthe instructions. (i.e.) hit the menu button and scroll the arrow until I see the Sirius SID 12 digit I.D. number. No luck. I tried calling Clarion (good luck with them), Sirius (they need the I.D. #) Triumph (Bryant said call Clarion) my dealer (Call Clarion, Sirius, or Triumph) fugettabout it! Anybody else experience this problem if so HELP !!!

Thanks M I M

Mike,

You can get the radio to display the Sirius SID number so you can write it down for when you call Sirius for activation. The instructions for how to do this were detailed in the Sirius manual (page 3 ??) that I got when I picked up my boat. I also think that if you tell the Sirius customer service Rep. the model number of your radio head unit, he/she will be able to tell you which sequence of buttons you need to push to get the SID to display. If I recall it is a 12 digit number with 6 numbers at a time displayed, so you need to scroll the display to get the last six.

Hope that helps

I received the attached instructions from Triumph for activating the Sirrus service. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• sirius_0001.pdf
    43.3 KB · Views: 25
Looks like I have to purchase additional componets. (around $150.00)
A sirius reciever SIR CL3M, antenna and a CNET cord. The unit did not come equipt with them. I thought it was suppose to. Looks like it's time to pick up the phone. "Can you hear me know?"

M I M

having an antenna could do it! I can't believe they would sell you the radio w/out the antenna...

Can't get the Sirius Id 12 digit # out of the menu selection from the unit. I went to West Marine and discovered the I'll need the additional components. I think that the Sirius was supposed to come with the radio with a free 6 month trial. I don't feel like spending $150.00 on the extras. The good news is that the AM/FM CD sounds awesome. And that Stripers love Pink Floyd!

M I M

Back