blakinsmith

Participating Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Los Gatos
State
CA
Hey - Dungeness season openned 1 month ago around San Francisco, CA and just about everyone has been nailing them - Couple photos from 2-3 hour soak near Half Moon Bay during some incredible late November weather. Used a variety of bait; old carcasses, squid, frozen chovies - everything seemed to work. 175-190 ft deep. Commercial season now in bloom so size and numbers won't be so easy to come by.

Saw a 190 out on the pond that day, motored over in my 210 and said "hi".

Tried some bottom fishing to kill time in between pulls, but nothing doing that day on the fish...Barry

Attachments

• MyCrew&Catch.jpg
    MyCrew&Catch.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Pot'oDungiespost.jpg
    Pot'oDungiespost.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 48
I will be right over for dinner with the "Old Bay seasoning" can in hand :p Bet we could make some killer gumbo out of them puppy's for sure!

Looks Yummy,
Dave

Hey Cincinatti - don't know if the 190 owner was a member - I should have asked. I mainly said "hi" - my openner (on a ridiculously warm, flat day for November) - was "Boy, I wouldn't be caught dead out in the Pacific in one of those plastic boats." He got a good chuckle - we both agreed Triumph boats have worked well for us on the Ocean.

Putershark - we must have thrown back 20 legal sized dungies that day - 10/person is the limit. If I had know some forum members in the area would have hailed you on the radio and urged you to meet me at the dock with your license! Dungies are one of my favorite things from the sea. You loose a fair bit freezing them, but it is purty easy to make a lot of friends when you have largess of fresh ones....peace be with you all.....keep on fishin....BTW, the baitwell works very nice to keep them frisky, all the way home on the trailer too.

Barry "Bite Me"

Back