Dreaming of the new motor

HighTechRedneck

Contributing Member
City
Montgomery
So I currently have a yamaha f-115 on my 191 f/s. In the last 2 years I have put 600-800 hours on it and it had 350 hours on it when I bought it so I have been thinking of what I will get next. It will defently be a yamaha or a evinrude. The maxHP on the coastguard tag is 175hp. I plan on maxing it out but where do they get that number and what if I decided to go bigger. Would it be againsed the law? The 150 hp yamaha weighs in at 466lbs and the evinrude 300hp weighs in at 528lbs. I dont think it would be a weight issue as long as I go with a 2 stroke and think of how cool it would be to run a 191f/s with 300hp on the back.. :eek::eek::eek:.. I doubt that I would go to that extreme but I think i would like to run a 225-250hp.

Any thoughts??

HTR

So I currently have a yamaha f-115 on my 191 f/s. In the last 2 years I have put 600-800 hours on it and it had 350 hours on it when I bought it so I have been thinking of what I will get next. It will defently be a yamaha or a evinrude. The maxHP on the coastguard tag is 175hp. I plan on maxing it out but where do they get that number and what if I decided to go bigger. Would it be againsed the law? The 150 hp yamaha weighs in at 466lbs and the evinrude 300hp weighs in at 528lbs. I dont think it would be a weight issue as long as I go with a 2 stroke and think of how cool it would be to run a 191f/s with 300hp on the back.. :eek::eek::eek:.. I doubt that I would go to that extreme but I think i would like to run a 225-250hp.

Any thoughts??

HTR

Against the LAW = ? ...... Would you ever be able to get the boat certified again = NO...... Your insurance would not cover you and your hull may not be able to take the force applied???????? Stick with the 175 HP E-Tec or better yet go with the 150hp Yamaha 4-Stk and get another 2000 + out of her :cool: .... NEVER go over the USCG Hull Rating!!!!!!

Yeah ... What Boost said!

Keep it real HTR ... the life you save could be someone you care for.

I will betcha the 175hp e-tec has more Ommph than any 150 fourstroke. It's also lighter by around 30lbs and way better looking from this owner's biased vantage point. :D

HTR,
Like Boost and Whitto said.Stick with the max rating. FYI the 150HP Yamaha 4 stroke is actually rated at 165-170HP at the prop.Check it out around the Web. I think either one would be a great match with your boat. ETEC or Yamaha. I've got the 150 Yamaha 4 stroke on my 195CC and I think it is a perfect match. It is a strong motor and probably the best motor Yamaha has in its line up. Good luck with your decision.
JD

I upgraded my 191 F/S with a 175 Suzuki. Got a great price and WAY more power than 115. Can get on plane in a second or two if punch it. I run about 4000 rpm for 30-35mph. The 150 weighs the same and just a little cheaper so I went for the max.

Back