Easy clean up for your Aluminum water spots...

nocturn

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Colonial Heights
State
Virginia
Hey boys, it's been a long, long time. Hope y'all are doing well!

Anyway, some of you "old school" guys know I'm ALWAYS looking for an easy way to keep the vessel clean and tidy (discovered the Magic Erasers for boat scub'n back in the day).

Anyway, I had terrible staining on my 07' 215 aluminum t-top stanchion from years of sitting idle. I decided to try that "as seen on TV" stuff called "ReColor" made by "Wipe New", from Walgreen's and ITS AMAZING!

Wipe it on and give it a day to cure and the aluminum looks brand new! I put it on the throttle , SS, Helm Switches...everything.

Everything is absolutely beautiful.

-Randy

Hi Randy. Glad you're back and feeling better! Thanks for the tip on the ReColor! :cool:

Yeah man. Hope you've been well, Randy.
I was saying to myself "there has to be a way to fix the finish on this aluminum without having to use an abrasive."

So I tooled around with a bunch of wipe on type fillers and kind of stumbled on this ReColor. I used the Wipe New on my truck plastic quite a few times and with great results so I figured id give their other product a shot.

ReColor is a Rust-o-leum product so it has a proven company behind it.

Home site:
http://www.wipenew.com/recolor/?gclid=CNuf7cXHwM0CFVhZhgodm1IFeg

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Wipe-New-Rus...0160VUYF8/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

My powder coating T-top and rails have gotten kinda dull, so I'm gonna give this a try.
Very Cool find Randy.:)

Give your powder coated parts a "try" before you commit, P&P. I'd hate to see it gator your paint up. I used it as an overcoat to existing bright finish. I'd feel awful if it ate your paint up.

-R.

Hey boys, it's been a long, long time. Hope y'all are doing well!

Anyway, some of you "old school" guys know I'm ALWAYS looking for an easy way to keep the vessel clean and tidy (discovered the Magic Erasers for boat scub'n back in the day).

Anyway, I had terrible staining on my 07' 215 aluminum t-top stanchion from years of sitting idle. I decided to try that "as seen on TV" stuff called "ReColor" made by "Wipe New", from Walgreen's and ITS AMAZING!

Wipe it on and give it a day to cure and the aluminum looks brand new! I put it on the throttle , SS, Helm Switches...everything.

Everything is absolutely beautiful.

-Randy
YEAH i owe you for the magic eraser thing its the best thing to remove stains on the plastic and the seatsas well so thanks NOCTURN!

Well, got the Re-color. I actually got some of the "wipe new" for vehicles as well and tried it on my Truck's black plastic mirrors and plastic door handles along with some other faded black plastic trim. Works pretty good. Hardest part was keeping it out of heat and direct sunlight. (kinda hard to do around here. I don't have a carport or garage. That's what faded everything in the first place) I used a pop-up sunshade and just moved it around the truck.
Now, the boat is a different story. Too tall to put under anything, so I'll just have to wait for ideal conditions. And of course, now it's off and on raining every day. Well, it's prepped and ready. I let you know how it comes out eventually. :cool:

Last edited:
Well, I waited long enough. Hopefully it won't rain. Boy is that stuff easy to use. Looks great going on. We'll see how it sets up. Used it on just about everything that had faded or dulled. Powder coated bow railings, t-top tubing, all the dash trim, any faded plastic trim or do-hickey mount all over the boat...Even the bezels on the gauges. Now if it dries good ......it'll force me to unlace the t-top canvas so I can do those tubes too. Now I'm going thru the rest of my gear to see what I can wipe it on........now where's my faded gaff......oh, and the outriggers.... gotta go.....
Good find there Randy .;)

Last edited:
Talk to me Goose... How well is this product holding up for you over the years?

I have some faded bumper covers that I am looking to bring back some (at least even them out color wise) and thought I would ask about your long term results and respective product reviews ;)

Thanks!
Dave

The Re-color worked fine initially. But unfortunately, as we all know, there is no free ride. It dulls rather quickly. So the effects have been short lived. Use at your own discretion.

Hey guys, been a while. I haven't used ReColor in a long time. It just didn't give me the long term results I wanted. But I still to this day use the Wipe New. It's still the best thing I've used to kill spotting on finished metals like aluminum and stainless.

Back